Options

Solution to the hassle of launching and retrieving your boat from a trailer.

RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    haha...that is something that you'd see here.

A family friend lives on the deep water of Hartwell near Portman marina.  Lots of money in that area but money doesn't buy common sense.

His neighbor was launching one afternoon and a new boat owner was taking his family out. He said the launch took forever.

When the boat owner launched, in all his excitement they left the truck at the ramp, trailer in the water and keys in the ignition.

The neighbor waited several minutes after they disappeared in the distance before moving the truck and trailer so he and others could launch.  Keep in mind this is a public ramp but located in a small neighborhood.

He then left a note on the dash of the truck to call his number for the keys which he had hidden in the parking lot.  

• Options
    I found that video on another boating site and there was a lot of conjecture as to what they guy was doing. If it was alcohol, I can't relate to being so drunk that you forget to take the boat off the trailer. Other people suggested that he was trying to take the trailer to another location. Can't relate with that either.
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've all seen those boaters, forgetting to trim up before pulling up the ramp, forgetting to install the drain plug, loading equipment/food or unloading on the ramp when it's busy rather than while sitting in line.  Some people are inconsiderate, some just are not smart...many are both.
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I took option B and moved to a canal.  ;)

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Drop the mic- ive seen it all now!
    Post edited by rasbury on
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭
    Wow. How does one even accomplish that?
  • Options
    It does seem like some effort but launch and then unhook the trailer...seems hard to do this unless planned....
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,555 mod
    It's click bait.  100% staged.
  • Options
    but there is a trailer under that boat!
  • Options
    shawnmjr said:
    Who straps their boat to the trailer like that in the back? My guess is he did it on purpose and that’s why the strap is going over the boat like that. 
    I think the answer is finding someone who speaks Russian and can translate his comments.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution to the problem is to take the lead from @Dream_Inn and get a boat lift. :-)

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they know something we don’t! Qualified Captain posted a video of someone doing it with a speed boat. Here’s a screenshot of the video.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Probably makes it harder to get up on plane. ;)