Options

HOW TO VERIFY YOUR EMAIL UNDER NEW SYSTEM

This message is to anyone who is stuck and cannot verify their email due to the changes made to this site back in late 2019.

There is something preventing the email verification being sent to certain servers, and I do not have an explanation for that, particularly because the email does not even end up in a Junk Email Folder.

What I suggest is that you open a temporary gmail account, and create a new login.  You should be able to verify that new login via a verification email to the gmail account.  Following this, you can reach out to a moderator to work with you to verify your original account.

Hopefully at some stage this bug will be fixed, but it is the only work around I have been able to figure out after trying many other alternatives over the course of almost 2 months.

Comments

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Sent you a PM
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a gmail account and when I was locked out the verification emails didn't get delivered to it either.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    Mark_Be_GoodMark_Be_Good Member Posts: 4

We need a fix for this ... I'm sure others are locked out, and I can tell you it is beyond frustrating.  We need to post a "Moderator's" email address here, so that people can at least directly email someone in case verification fails.  A moderator can create a gmail email and post here, so they aren't having to use a personal email on a public forum.

Call it something like Rinker_Forum_Account_Verification@gmail.com ... or something.

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, I'm back! Wow, that was painful ... thank you Raybo3 for helping out!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without verification, you can't send messages, post anything ... no way to reach anyone. What is the issue with the email verifications? Why is it failing to send to so many different servers?

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to send the moderators a bottle of good Scotch -or- good luck getting back on the forum. Worth it anyway as this is the best forum anywhere!