Options

Docking a Twin Sterndrive

2»

Comments

• Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Well, I can solve this discussion for you fine Captain's; Purchase my Black Beauty and pull that lady in and out of any situation with the ease of the joystick 👍
    For 25 yrs I cruised from door county Wis to Beaver island,  Holland mich to my port of Hammond on my single 7.4 B2 3055 Bayliner and never had an issue to be noteworthy.  My hole was definitely tightly puckered back then and now with a joystick it's still puckered just not as tightly 😟
    Anyone Docking their boat or even just being behind the wheel you must always  have scenarios in the back of your mind so if in case something were to happen you can hopefully spring your reaction into play without panic, whether it be single or twins.
    the most important process is practice practice and practice. Enough practice and you should be a capable Captain and a capable captain will know not to panic when a hiccup comes up while behind the helm.

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to Wal-Mart, buy a cheap roll of rope.  Every time he asks "how can i help" have him go inside the cabin and get it from an inconvenient storage spot.

When shoving back off have him return it.  

They eventually stop asking to help.
  • Options
    goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    Ha ha. Nice one pickle. I will have to try that . He is a good guy but a pain in the a$$ , unfortunately he comes along with my sister 
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    This is @bry1429 docking with his joystick. 

Too funny 🤣🤣🤣,
    I don't remember a camera catching me on that particular day  !!!!