Options

Kohler 5E Generator Thermostat

13»

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, if all of the screws are out top and sides, it should come off. Wiggle it and it should pull off.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    no...on mine I think there are several more bolts around...sorry but it's been a while..I think there are four on the top.
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,332 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep mine was the same. Remove front piece, then pull the 3 bolts on the lid, and yea wiggle and it will come off. The back piece is separate from the lid, the top and the end are one piece like and L
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    The right side panel is a little tough to get off. It gets caught on the water hose. I ended up pulling off the piece of black chafe strip and it gave me the needed clearance. Then reinstalled it later. If you can squeeze in and remove the pump first, the panel would come off easier.

2008 330EC
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all!  Will tackle this next time.
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my panel is just about falling apart...at least the base... also, the box on the side where there is a switch and hour meter...all rusting badly...
  • Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Side panel by the coolant overflow: 2 more bolts go in horizontal. That panel then just tilts out to remove. Once that is off the main cover will tilt back enough to get to the spark plug towards the hull. Bit of a Helen Keller process but easily doable.  

I rarely take the whole top off. PITA. I also do not install the service side panel. Mine won’t run with it installed. True. Loooong story to figure that out. 

The 5e’s do eat plugs. Often they look fine, but are toast. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options

Next time you work on your genny, if you have more room than this be thankful. lol

that is about 4-6” from the firewall. 

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    WoW, yea that’s pretty tight!!
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Extremely!  I literally have to lay on it to get to the water pump. Squished between it and the deck above it.  🙄

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    what difference in the 05. They moved the fire wall up 12 inches. The vent hose I put in is to direct the rain water from getting on the genny.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    I have seen the 342’s with that extra room. Would live that!

PC BYC, Holland, MI