A fun video on VW diesel conversions

PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/WAGj0_qc-AA

His information on the vw diesel isn't 100% accurate. He does conversions, hes not a vw expert but it's informative anyway.  

Comments

• F1100F1100 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    I love conversions.. however not little VW diesel ones. Here is a conversion I did. Ripped out the 2.4l 4cyl, and put in a 5.7l LS :) no replacement for displacement. (they are alot of work to do, when transplanting non oem engines into others) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdEPxNszL8s

1993 300 FIESTA VEE TWIN 5.7L ALPHA GEN 2
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    I love imports with ls swaps.  I always thought a 350z or s2k with an ls would be amazing.  So would a miata with an ls.

Before i swapped my fj40 to a 4.9 diesel i had a 5.0 v8 in her.  It was great around town. My issue was that the 20 gallon tank didnt last on the trials.  
    yes the LS was a great swap in that car.. 2710 wet, and 400+hp :) The way cars should be :)
  • 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Here’s a swap a buddy and I did on his car. I built this motor as a decent performing street cruising motor for another car I had and we ended up putting it in this car instead. It ran mid 10s with ease and this was probably 15 years ago. None of that sissy LS stuff though :D

• zaverin1zaverin1 Member Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    A guy at the track once told me that everyone runs Chevy cars and he is way different by running a LS fox body 😂 
    I own a 2001 c5 z06 FRC with a built Ls6
    i also own a c6 base trim with a custom built 427 7.0 LS. Its e85 car with meth and a east coast supercharger.
    my 2001 puts down right around the rated hp to the wheels which is around 400

c6 does much better at 678 at the wheels with a mild 8psi tune.
    Yeah the real issue when you start making supercars is that with no traction control, and having a sub 3000lb car, it becomes a real handfull to try and drive them quick :)

• 69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 948 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2020
    Pfffff....traction control. I’ll take a well sorted combo and suspension ;)
    Post edited by 69fastback on
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

https://youtu.be/WAGj0_qc-AA

His information on the vw diesel isn't 100% accurate. He does conversions, hes not a vw expert but it's informative anyway.  
    Is that you Nate Pickle?
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    It's not me but id rock a tdi discovery. 

They are built on the same chassis as the defender so they hold their own on the trial.  

Much more reliable than the rover petrol engine.  Id also use a Toyota transmission/transfercase if going 5 speed or 4l60e or equivalent if keeping a slush box. Maybe some dana or Toyota axles if going with lockers  for real off road use...no need for that if a mall crawler