Options

Rinker 246 BR - Stereo amp

I purchased an amp to power new speakers.  I was wondering where other 246 BR owners are installing them. The engine compartment would be ideal but I believe the heat from the engine would interfere with the amp. 

Does anyone have any pictures of their amp placement on a 246 bow rider?

Comments

• Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭
    I definitely wouldn’t install it in the engine compartment. On my 232BR, I installed it in the the storage compartment in the drivers side console. 
  • Options
    noidea44noidea44 Member Posts: 14
    I was thinking about that compartment or mounting it  on the wall inside the head.

Any issues with the amp getting warm in that compartment? 
  • Options
    69fastback69fastback Member Posts: 949 ✭✭✭
    noidea44 said:
    I was thinking about that compartment or mounting it  on the wall inside the head.

Any issues with the amp getting warm in that compartment? 
    No issues at all. I would recommend mounting it on the same side of your boat that the head unit is on. 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i had a side panel that's where id mount mine.  My head unit is in the cabin, right above where the fridge was mounted, made sense to put the amp in the same cabinet.  It was easy to tie into the existing speaker wires.

Pro tip: when snaking wires through the hull always leave an extra sacrificial wire in there run from point a to point b for future repairs/ wiring additions. I am using the old wires from a fish finder that was once on the boat, any old wire will work.   

• Options
    noidea44noidea44 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks guys for the help.

In a few weeks, i’ll tackle  this project and install the amp where shawnmjr has his.
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭
    I put both of mine in the storage closet
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice & neat Lakebum
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current