2001 270 Fiesta Vee Carpets

Getting Sea Deck put in on  my 2001 270 Fiesta Vee, if anyone wants the carpets let me know, otherwise they're going in the trash.
2001 270 "Salty Disposition"

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kind of shape are they in? I'm a 2005 añd need to do something...welcome to the forum!
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2020
    @LaxBouncer if they're in any kind of decent shape at all I'd be interested. Mine are pooched. Pretty sure the 99, 2000 and 01 models are the same layout. ( I have a 2000.)
    Just turns out I'll be in Largo in about 3 weeks if you want to hang on to them until then.
    Edit: not trying to"pull the rug out from under you" @rasbury but your 2005 is a different layout. 😉
    Post edited by Willhound on
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,882 ✭✭✭✭
    Free carpet is just like Olympic ice hockey....the Canadiens cannot be beat!!!
    Hey @LaxBouncer I PM'd you a few weeks back when this was posted. If you're still interested in getting rid of those carpets let me know. I'll be in the area from Feb 27 to about Mar 6. If you changed your mind or found another taker, no problem, just give me a heads up. Could maybe meet somewhere for lunch and a beer or whatever.
    Cheers!
  • LaxBouncerLaxBouncer Member Posts: 18
    Sorry! I'm just seeing this. Will PM you back!
    👍👍
    So I had the pleasure of meeting Josh aka @LaxBouncer the other day and he was most gracious in letting me have his old carpets from his 270 since he had Seadek done. They're in decent enough shape and the backing is like new, so much better than my old smelly ones. Thanks Josh!
    While chatting he mentioned that he's also chasing a bit of a typical 270 wet carpet issue so I let him know about the usual re-sealing of the port lights which solved my problem. We also discussed the removal of the windshield trim gasket and re-sealing of the mounting screws but like me he feels that the old gasket will fall apart when removed. Do I not recall that someone posted awhile back tjat they fo7nd a source for it? Was it GLS or Taylormade or????
    Sound familiar to anyone?
  • randy56randy56 Member Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the port hole window's mine was leaking there. Re - caulked them. The black rubber had deteriorated. also check windshield wiper. never had any issue's with windshield. Did however had a kid's small supper ball. in the drain hole under the steering wheel, Small amounts of water was coming in from mooring cover. others have had trash in there as water will come in around the bottom track in the door. 

1084165_lewmar_boat_portlight_window_393820862_stainless_steeljpeg

Boat Name : 

Hey Will, was great meeting you! Glad you can put them to use. 

I'm going to re-seat the port window this weekend and see how it goes, wish me luck!
    While you're at it and for the time it takes, do all 4 of them and you'll never have to worry about them. Took me about an hour. There was no sealant from the factory, just a foam gasket that had rotted away. Use 3M 4200 if you can, it lasts better than regular silicone. Keep some acetone handy to clean up around the outer ring when done.
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget the windshield screws 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
    Don't forget the windshield screws 
    Renee, I had discussed with @LaxBouncer and I remembered that someone had posted a source for the rubber trim gasket but I can't seem to find the thread. Do you recall? Maybe @Cableguy Greg?
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can get the rubber trim here. You will have to call them with the serial number of the windshield, which is under the screw cover. When you replace it, cut it long. It will shrink.

2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    Thanks @Cableguy Greg . I thought I remembered it being you. Much appreciated. @LaxBouncer I'll send this via email to you also in case you don't see the thread .
    Another thanks and shout out to @LaxBouncer who I had the pleasure of meeting on our vacation in Largo Fla back in early March. He had SeaDek installed and was going to toss his old carpets. We met and I smuggled them back to Canada with me. He thought they looked done but they looked pretty good to me. The Admiral swabbed the deck on her hands and knees with a magic eraser and we put them down. The snaps didn't match of course but a few did and the ribbed  backing is in good enough shape that they don't move anyway. The seat mount is a tad different but I don't care. New carpets are not in the budget and these will get me through for now.
    One man's trash is another man's treasure. The weather was bad when we were there and this Covid crap was just starting so we didn't hang much but he also offered to take us out on the salt in his 270 on our next visit, an invite I will surely take up. Josh, I know you're not on here much but rest assured when we get out the lunch and drinks and fuel are on me!

• SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    "One man's trash is another man's treasure."
    That is so true.  Those carpets look like new compared to mine.  
    ditto....trying to figure out what I'm going to do about mine...I really like carpet, expecially during our cold winters...
    Looks great! I'm really happy you were able to use them.

On a side note thanks for the tip on the window screws, finally stopped the leak!!!! I can't express how relieved I am now that the  cabin stays dry, especially with it being on an outdoor rack in the rainy season.
    Happy to hear that Josh. Did you end up changing out the rubber trim? If you did, did it come direct from Taylormade, or another source?
    I'm waiting on taylor made to get back to me, but while the gasketing i had looked on bad shape it held up fine. I put it back in it  just looks old but works fine.