Options

Battery Isolator

golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
Hello All.
I am wondering if anyone knows what the replacement battery isolator model is for a 2003 FV 342.
Boat is in storage with dead batteries and hatch is down. I'm hoping to order some parts before heading to boat in the next couple weeks. Not looking for anything fancy just a direct replacement. Thanks.
Jerry

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my 342 I used a 130 amp 3 battery by Promariner 
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the battery charger and alternator both be wired into the input of an isolator?

I only ask as it appears my charger only has one output and i dont like having to turn the selector to "both" to charge both batteries.

Im thinking instead of heading out this season with two starting batteries id like one starting and bank 2 will be a parallel set of 6v high amp hour probably trojan batteries.  I like waking up to fully charged batteries
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Usually the instruction manuals with marine battery chargers say to wire them direct.  At least my ProMainer and Master Volt did.  Normally you get a charger that matches the battery bank configuration.  So in the case of a 342, you want a 3 bank charger since you have 3 battery banks. 

The issolator is to make up for not having the sane number of alternators and battery banks.  No matter which way you are out of sync, one will do the job.  

I don't know the correct model for a 342, but I imagine you can find one that is 2-in:3-out and high enough amperage as Handy said to do the job.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX