Options

Jabsco Electric Head

I have a Jabsco electric head on a 2003 312 FV, the toiled will leak water (not sure from where) on to the floor.  We don't leave water in the bowl for that reason and water still leaks after it's been sitting during the work week.  The boat is in inside heated storage now and when I first visited the boat there was blue water on the bathroom floor that leaked like water would during the season.  Any idea where it is coming from and what replacement parts are required to fix it?  The toilet operates as it should, with the exception of the leak.  Thinking an overhaul is in order - any recommendations on where to buy parts and/or how to videos?  Thanks.
'03 Rinker 312 Fiesta Vee

Comments

• Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    That's interesting.  Assuming you have a head that gets its water from the lake, and not the tank as most Rinker do, I can't imagine where it would get water from.  Are you sure it's the toilet and not the port light in the head?  Or maybe some condensation from temperature variations?  I had a leak that came out from under the head into the cabin that was caused by a leak in the shower plumbing.  But since you are stored inside I would not expect your water system to be pressurized.  

Very interesting.

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did they put any antifreeze in your waste tank and then moved the boat? If so, could some of that sloshed past the joker valve and into the bowl, causing the leak?

I would take the whole thing apart and check the gaskets. Mine was leaking as well, not bad though, but when I had to fix the motor for something, I just took everything apart and fixed the gasket ... all it needed was better seating for the gasket and a screw that needed to be tightened.  It's not that complicated.

If anything, buy a new gasket kit ... or get some gasket glue.

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree with Mark on the new gasket kit. It’s almost certainly the pump leaking, even with all of the liquid flushed out liquid still sits there, there is an o ring where the pump marries to the base. Last year mine started leaking so I bought a gasket kit but could not get it to work, had to buy a new pump assembly for $175 to get the leak to stop. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    KelleyOpelKelleyOpel Member Posts: 7
    Hi Liberty - what pump did you purchase for the replacement? Im in a similar situation with my 310 Fiesta Vee. Thanks
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Kelley, I used the Jabsco 37072-0092
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    RamkerRamker Member Posts: 32
    Was able to get some pictures, looks like the leak was coming the discharge elbow hose connection.  Not sure if the elbow is cracked or if it's as simple as tightening those hose clamps.  

Need to order a joker valve so when I get that, I'll dig in to it more.

'03 Rinker 312 Fiesta Vee