Options

Posisbly buying a 342 Fiesta Vee

DJNiki4DJNiki4 Member Posts: 13
edited February 2020 in Engine Discussions
Hello guys 

i am currently looking to get into a 2005 342 Fiesta vee,  it will be my first Rinker ever,  I've always had sea rays with MerCruisers and Bravo 3 drives. 

This 2005 342 comes with 5.7 OSI mounted to (BRAND NEW OCEAN-X OUTDRIVES – replaced composites – 2018)

The boat is very well priced under $45k,  current owner states risers were last replaced 8 years ago.  Which is fine hence its price right, i dont mind paying for new ones.

My question is more about the 5.7's OSI and the Ocean-X drives.  is this is known configuration and a good investment. or should i just keep my current 300 Sundancer with 5.7s MPI and Bravo 3's 

NOTE: Boat Has
Bow Thrusters
Neutra System,
Engine Hours: 290
Engine Hours: 345 
New GPS - 942xs

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,561 mod
    Welcome to the forum.  It looks like the owner replace the drives with what should be on the boat.  The older drives (xdp) had many issues and the ocean X are the best replacements.  The 342, well, it is the probably one of roomiest, well layed-out boats for mid 30's size.  The full size shower was a huge selling point for that boat.  Make sure you are ok with the out-of-hole shot with the 5.7s.  It may or may not be what you are used to or want.  It's an ok package, as I boat with several friends that have the Merc 5.7 and they are fine with it.  The dual-prop does help quite a bit too.

You will not get better bang for your buck with Rinker boats, but especially the 342s.  They have been around forever and are a favorite.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hole shot will be better with the Hill marine props!
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hole shot should be decent on a 2005, it has the filled in transom they did after 03. My 2006 342 with 350s and bravo 3 (3 blade) got on plane just fine with no tabs down and 3/4 throttle, but yes indeed hill props will make that boat even more awesome, good luck! 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)