Removing stereo head

John41John41 Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
I want to take out my radio head on my 342 so I can install the Bluetooth adapter I purchased. Is it hard to remove? How do I get the front cover plate off?   Thanks

Comments

• reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the same radio and mine just pulls strait out don't know if my clip or pins ? Are broke or something but it just pulls out.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not familiar with Sony heads, but I see a button at the top right that says "open".  I'm guessing that button will pop the face off.  Then you can see how to remove it.

On some Clarion heads, there's a special tool for removal.  It has two thin metal blades about 6" long.  You insert them into slots in the head.  Without them, you can't remove the head (for theft protection).
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    shawnmjr said:
    If you don’t have the blades you can usually pull the black trim off around the face (should snap off) and then use a really small flathead screw driver to go around the edge of the radio to bend the tabs of the metal cage and then the whole thing should pull out. 
    Thief in the midst......lol
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭
    Check your owners document bag. Often those stamped removal keys are laying in the bottom.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current