Options

Gen 2 Cool fuel pump on 2000 Rinker 340

Bill_CeaseBill_Cease Member Posts: 8

Hey Everyone,

I am running in to an issue where one engine will not develop more then about 2800 RPM's and that is it. I cannot even get the boat up on plane with one motor doing all the work. I guess technically I have a 2 part question here.

1. I have what appears to be a sensor threaded in the block (As you are facing the motor) it is on the right all the way to the back and just above the oil pan. It has one single wire that is light blue. I have read that this could be a sensor for oil pressure and that if it fails it will limit RPM's. It is corroded and I have removed it but was wondering if anyone had any insight. I checked with a shop and they told me they would need to see it to tell me what I needed to replace.

2. While replacing plugs, wires, and running a compression check I was trying to locate the fuel pump on the engine. Does anyone know if I am correct that it appears (Again facing the motor) that it is on the right side to the front of the motor. Unfortunately it looks like that on the 340 that I may actually have to have the motor pulled to get to it. Just want to know if this is true or is there a work around to replace the pump if I find that is the issue...

Still working on it and starting with the basic's since the scan tool shows everything being normal...

Thanks again,

Bill

Comments