engine hatch

is there a manual override to open hatch

Comments

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, where your battery switch is the two post if you put some jumpers on them...what's wrong with your hatch though? If the motor don't work from the switch...you may have to pull the table base off so you can reach in there and unhook it...really cool feature until it don't work!
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    I had dead batteries when I launched last year and couldn't get the hatch up even using the override post. I had to reach in and pull the pin which is much easier said than done since there was some pressure on the pin. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your hatch doesn’t go up with your jumpers hooked up one way try swapping them. One way is up, the other way is down. @Aqua_Aura , did you try that? Or was your hatch motor bad?
    2008 330EC
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    It would barely go up a few inches like the battery I was using was dead. I know the batteries were good though cause I removed it from my truck and connected it directly to the post. The hatch motor is good. I haven't tried it again since as there hasn't been a need. Probably easier to just pull the pin rather than drag a battery over and use jumpers. 

Quick note. My pin has a key ring on the end that is not very strong and I pulled it apart when pulling on it. I had to get a screwdriver and push the pin through rather than pull. I have been meaning to put a longer pin in with a better handle so I can easily reach it and yack if needed. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • lerrad16lerrad16 Member Posts: 5
    Thanks very much. makes perfect sense