Options

Cleaning rub rails

I got my boat out today since the sun was out. That was a change for here! The boat is a light off white color. The rub rail look like a black racing stripe. I decided to try and clean it again. I got some some Scotch Brite and a little bucket with some water and dish washing soap. Went all the way around rubbing it with the pad dipping it in the soapy water. It worked rather well. Take a good bit of elbow grease but it made it look a lot better. Read where people were having hard time trying to clean them. Some may have painted them. So if you have a light colored boat and scuffed up rail try this it will make your boat look a lot better. Here is a picture of before and after. Actually the dirty picture in picture was not the worst part. The front was and now its clean. 

Comments

• Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always used Acetone to clean the white rub rail on my 232cc. It would clean up nice, but it wouldn't last too long. Maybe a month or two. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    I always used Acetone to clean the white rub rail on my 232cc. It would clean up nice, but it wouldn't last too long. Maybe a month or two. 
    Yes, that is the same that I use as well.  It makes the job quick.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express