Options

generator instal 280ec

getting ready to install my generator but i don t feel to good about making a hole at the bottom for water pick up  i was told i could put a t connector on my water pick up from my motor to supply water for the genny  is this a good idea has any one done this ? 

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I wonder if you might get less water to the generator or motor if both are running at the same time. If you run them separate, might not be an issue.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say it isn’t a good idea. I would want a separate pickup for the generator. Make sure you seal the hole with 5200. 

What kind of generator did you get? Where did you get it? I have a 280EC and would love to add a generator. I have a portable one, but a built in one would be a game changer for me. Be sure to post pictures of the installation. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    tazdeviltazdevil Member Posts: 45
    hi cable guy
    got a 3 kw onan with 37hrs here in canada actually in ontario getting checked by a friend who works at onan 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think the thru Hull would be the way to go...my 270 has so many friggin holes in it, what's one more...
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,563 mod
    I agree, you need to do it correctly with its own thru hull.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express