Options

Forum Decals

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
@GMSLITHO do you print decals also? Maybe all of us on the forum can come up with a design logo for a forum member decal. Would be nice to stick on the boat and tool box (waterproof).
2008 330EC
Post edited by aero3113 on

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's an interesting idea. A local Lake Simcoe Fishing Forum did something similar a few years ago and we all bought them. Didn't really generate a lot of revenue but there was an option where we could kick in a few extra bucks that went to providing fishing gear to the local Big Brothers/Sisters organization.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I have a friend who does decals.  With Rinkers permission, or whoever is the top admin on here, I could ask her to get a price on making them, and have them available to order on her site.  I think the image that is at the top of this page would be great.  I'm guessing it would be pretty affordable...
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    We did that on the old forum. It did not really catch on with the members. I forgot who did it but I do have the proto type one. They looked nice. If someone reminds me I will post a picture of it once the boat goes in the water. 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    GMSlitho does the printing, not me
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I beleive @halifax212 does also.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    @earl1z19 , you right. You “quoted” one of his posts and I wrote your name instead of his by accident. I changed it.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I can get in touch with Rinker to see if they will print them. Let me know........
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    @raybo3 did Rinker print the last ones or was it a forum member?
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    aero3113 said:
    @raybo3 did Rinker print the last ones or was it a forum member?
    Forum member but I cant remember who. It was from the old forum. It was a long time ago......
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2020
    I can print them no problem but I would need a electronic file or a design to copy then whoever wants one can email a shipping label and I’ll send them out 

oh yea I forgot I’m closed for a while 
    went to the marina to see if I could move the boat home but they have a few boats in front of me 
    I’ll go there later with a box of daylight donuts and see if they will move them for me sometime during the week ,at least I’ll be in earlier than usual this year 
  • Options
    I have a couple of decals from the old forum that are real nice. But they are on my boat and I wont be able to get them until middle of April. I can take a picture and post them.
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    That should work .They will need to be recreated in photoshop or in design maybe you can get some logo art from rinker it can’t be downloaded from the internet because the resolution is too low and will print all fuzzy.So we would have to get high Rez from them ,which shouldn’t be a problem 
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The old forum ones were the nautical flags that spell R-B-O. I believe it was @Madcow was the one that printed them.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Here is a site that might have some HiRes files. http://hwmllcimages.com/

Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    @Dream_Inn can you check with Hawks to see if they could print some? They started a t-shirt business and I got some "Save the Bay" decals from them a few weeks ago.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    I clicked on @Madcow name and you can get an idea of what the decal looked like (I’m assuming this was it).

2008 330EC
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    @Dream_Inn can you check with Hawks to see if they could print some? They started a t-shirt business and I got some "Save the Bay" decals from them a few weeks ago.
    I can try and check, not so sure it'd be an immediate thing with everything else going on.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One less thing I need to buy. RLMAO