Options

6 LED Drain plug led light

BlastLEDBlastLED Member Posts: 15
I've been running special on these lights if someone is interested. Take a look here

First Class Shipping to Canada Cost around $11-$11.50.. (If anyone from Canada is interested)
Post edited by BlastLED on

Comments

• Options
    If anyone has any question.let me know I'll provide my contact info.
  • Options
    Capt_SteveCapt_Steve Member Posts: 281 admin
    Please keep these posts in the Marketplace & Classifieds category.
  • Options
    Thanks for fixing it Capt_Steve. 
  • Options
    Gin_TimeGin_Time Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    I am very interested in these but wonder how well they would actually light up in the brackish LI Sound waters? I dove the other day and could not see 12" in front of me. Sometimes it's much better than that but it is never clear water.
  • Options
    Gin,

All of my clients have said these are the MOST brighest Drain plug light they have ever seen. someone put these drain plug light on "eliminator cat" and was really happy. How many are you planning to put (2)?

I'm sure your visibility would go anywhere between 6ft-10ft.. (it all depends on the location of the drain plug and how many drain plug light you are putting on)... 

also, I've 27W underwater light that put 10ft beam in the nasty water... If you are interested, I can provide you my contact info.
  • Options
    I am interested. I would only be putting one in where the drain plug is. It's on my Rinker 270 so it would be under the BravoIII drive about 26" below the water line or so.
  • Options
    The Green Drain plug light was taken in Greenish/Blackish water (idle).. of course, each lake or river has different type of brackish/green water.
  • Options
    Has anyone purchased and used these on the Long Island Sound in NY we could reference?
  • Options
    vquadvquad Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭

can you explain how this item works with a little more detail or with some install pictures???

can I assume you push the wire through the drain hole and hard wire it?

thanks,mark

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• Options
    how would it hold up to say...water sitting in the bilge after getting caught in a storm???

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Run the cable leads thru the garboard drain opening and screw the light assembly into the existing garboard fitting. Connect the cable to a 12 VDC on/off switch. Attach the red lead to Positive (+)  and the black lead to the Negative (-). 

• Options
    This week only 27W - 10% off (I only have 4 left in-stock right now)
  • Options
    Sounds and looks like an awesome piece to me! All I need is the approval from the Admiral and I will be ordering mine.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    vquad said:
    how would it hold up to say...water sitting in the bilge after getting caught in a storm???
    May be I'm not clear on your question. But If you got water in the bilge and it's attached to your drain plug. .it would exactly work like a drain plug unless you unscrew it to remove the water thru drain plug.

Here's the small video I put it for someone... 

• Options
    I think vquad was concerned about the electrical wires being submerged in water in the event the bilge filled with water with the plug in. From the looks of it your electrical wires are pretty well covered in a water proof jacket which is great!
  • Options
  • Options
    Gin_Time said:
    Sounds and looks like an awesome piece to me! All I need is the approval from the Admiral and I will be ordering mine.
    I put the led speaker rings in my own boat and my wife said.. you are wasting your time and money. I took her to lake 2 weeks ago at night.. after that she said.. what else can you do light it up.. I've put 2 drain plug light on my boat. But I've not gotten a chance to go at night.. (Kids summer school and bringing germs at home, keeping me really busy)
  • Options
    Can someone say Rinker Owners Forum package discount? I have lot's of cup holders and 6 speakers and a drain plug.... that would be a ton of light!! Maybe just drain plug and speakers?
  • Options
    Gin_Time said:
    Can someone say Rinker Owners Forum package discount? I have lot's of cup holders and 6 speakers and a drain plug.... that would be a ton of light!! Maybe just drain plug and speakers?
    If you look at my prices, those are already discounted if you buy thru my website. on ebay, all the prices are 10% or more higher due to ebay fees. So I removed ebay fees on my website, so It's more like a 10% discount. 
  • Options

gin,you are correct in my concern

ok.im interested in one of these lights,however,

I just watched the video...and maybe im not the sharpest tool in the shed...

our boat is trailerable and we screw/unscrew our drain plug all the time.not just once a season

as your screwing/unscrewing your drain plug the wire is "tumbling" along with the light/drain plug

tangling itself up...what keeps it from getting all tangled up or am I just being difficult.

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• Options

im thinking a quick connect/disconnect would solve the problem???

how much wire is included on the plug?

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• Options
    edited July 2013
    It's 6 feet plus...I saw, someone placed an order coming thru rinker and not sure it's you..

Inside the boat, I used tie to tighten the wire and no issue...
  • Options
    TikiHut2TikiHut2 Member Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Before screwing it in just twist it counter clockwise 1/2 as many turns as it'll take to seat it. Since I got no dog in this fight but like your boat very much I'd add....while it looks very tough, please keep a 2nd brass drain plug or rubber bung tie wrapped under the swim platform for "the accident that'll never happen" and hope it's a clean break if it does. Where you guys are a big ol' gator might rub on that little light. ;)

See you guys in the fall. MnK
    2004 FV270, 300hp 5.7 350mag MPI Merc 305hrs, 2:20 Bravo3 OD w.22p props, 12v Lenco tabs, Kohler 5kw genset, A/C, etc.etc...
    Regular weekender, Trailer stored indoors, M/V TikiHut, Sarasota, Fl
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    TikiHut2 said:
    Before screwing it in just twist it counter clockwise 1/2 as many turns as it'll take to seat it. Since I got no dog in this fight but like your boat very much I'd add....while it looks very tough, please keep a 2nd brass drain plug or rubber bung tie wrapped under the swim platform for "the accident that'll never happen" and hope it's a clean break if it does. Where you guys are a big ol' gator might rub on that little light. ;)

See you guys in the fall. MnK
    Dang Gators Not the Florida Gators.. LOL ...  
  • Options

hey tiki...I always keep spares on board.

yes!,those florida gators! hahaha

that was me blast...get that thing in the mail,pronto! j/k

:)]

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• Options
    edited July 2013
    If I didn't have to go to pick up my in-laws from the airport. I'd have.lol

God bless me
  • Options
    photo photo68_zpsf9036cc9.jpg

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• Options

installed this weekend.

bright white light as compared to the stock "yellow" lighting.

more than doubles my underwater lighting capabilities.

2007 rinker 270

"Julie Ann"

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Mike, I'd love to see the pix in the water while you are riding your boat.. 

Thanks for the good feedback.
  • Options
    TheSaltTheSalt Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    I googled a bit....  I wonder if a battery powered waterproof puck light would do the trick?  Not permanent....  No holes and multiple uses.
    ~ 1998 266 Fiesta Vee 7.4 B3 ~ Salt Lake City, Utah ~