Options

Anchor Locker Drain

Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
My anchor locker has one drain on the starboard side. There is a molded indentation on the port side that I am considering putting in another drain. I have two options for this new drain. First is to drill another thru hull on the port side of the boat. That is the easiest way to go about doing this, but I would have to match the location on the port side with the one on the starboard side. The second option would be to put the new drain in with a 90* fitting, then put a 'T' below the existing drain and let both drain out the existing thru hull. One less hole in the side of the boat and I wouldn't have to match the location. I am leaning towards the 90 and T. 
2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
Go Steelers!!!

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 90 and T sounds like the best approach.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 342 anchor hatch drain on top of the rode then there is a drain over board is under the rode.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    The 342 anchor hatch drain on top of the rode then there is a drain over board is under the rode.
    I have one drain in the corner. I want to add a second one where there is a recess for extra drainage. 

Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that it almost looks like the mould was made with a second drain in mind and then they plugged it. My vote would be the 90 and T. Less holes you have to drill in a perfectly good boat the better.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strange that they went from a drain in the corner to a drain in the middle. 

2008 330EC
  • Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup my vote 90° and a T if it goes over board.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    Yes, it dumps overboard. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 280 also has the double drain "mold" The right one on mine is the drain hole and the left is plugged. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I'll ask a question...I know where this train is...so the lower two chrome pieces a little further down...vents I suppose...what are they for and could not water come in through them?
  • Options
    rasbury said:
    So I'll ask a question...I know where this train is...so the lower two chrome pieces a little further down...vents I suppose...what are they for and could not water come in through them?
    Those are the anchor locker drains. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chrome drains that are lower drain the water that would get into where the rope and chain is pulled into. Mostly draining water from all the rope that gets pulled in and is wet. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ah, yes don't know why that did not make sense to me before asking! So if the front of the hull buries, won't it also take on water?? Not much I'm sure but getting all the rope all soggy wet......mold etc...
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The way they're directed kinda down and back you'd have to seriously submarine to get any appreciable water in there I would think. I think you get more from rain and regular spray coming in the locker hatch.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    Two drains on my03 310 going to separate thru hulls on port and starboard but I’m against drilling holes in my boat