Options

battery disconnects

i hope everyone is doing well. i received my 420 last fall and really didn't really get to know the boat before it was put up for the winter. i went out to the marina to start cleaning over the weekend and was not able to turn on the batteries. if i remember right the battery switches were under the back hatch on the swim platform. this happens to be operated by an electric actuator which obviously cant be operated with the batteries off! Is anyone aware of an override or are the battery switches in a different location and i'm crazy?  

Comments

• Options
    RustySRustyS Member Posts: 83 ✭✭

A 420 this close to me?? I'm just up the shore in Henderson Harbor....maybe a raft up this summer.

On my 300 I struggled with the same issue. What I do now is plug in shore power, turn on battery charger breaker, then the regular rocker switch will work for up/down of hatch. Batteries are disconnected with all cables secured so as to not cause any shorts.

My override posts that others will mention do not power the hatch open; just closed.

Good luck; hope this helps!

• Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    RustyS said:

My override posts that others will mention do not power the hatch open; just closed.

Good luck; hope this helps!

Sure reversing them doesn't operate it up? Makes more sense to be able to open via overrides when batteries are flat versus only close.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    tughilltughill Member Posts: 15
    Thanks for the suggestions. i'm just a little confused about the battery switches and overrides being behind a motorized compartment. anyway, going back out no that the wind isn't blowing 40 MPH and shaking the shrink wrap.