Options

NY Boat Ramps and Marinas

aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

The buyer of my 242 paid me off today!  :) But he told me he can’t even get a transport to drop her in because all NY boat ramps and marinas are closed? I looked online but haven’t seen any info? Does anyone know if Cuomo ordered this?
2008 330EC

Comments

• Options
    javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    @aero3113 I call bulls$$t some are closed but not all of them trust me i get info every day people are dropping in left and right 
  • Options
    @javhav , I hope so! Hope you, your family and friends are well.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    Im on a lake in NY were open ,my brother is in Nyack on the Hudson public ramp and town marina  I think its closed .Haverstraw marina will be closed so far till April 11th   and its a real big marina 
  • Options
    javhavjavhav Member Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    aero3113 said:
    @javhav , I hope so! Hope you, your family and friends are well.
    Thanks I appreciate and I hope you and your family are safe out there  because the worst is yet to come 
  • Options
    Thank you @javhav . Yes, it is.....
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ohio is still dropping boats in here and there. But I called the marina in Chicago where my boat is and they said IL is totally cut off. The local authorities actually told them that their business license will be pulled if they launch boats. They are on hold through 4/30. 
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    Our marina is still open Clayton, NY.
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    Have not heard of anything either, going to call my storage marina soon and see what the buzz is there.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    RustySRustyS Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    @Spyderweb
    I just spoke with a canvas installer and he stated the larger marinas along the Thousand Islands and River are shutting down.
    The way he described it is if there is "on the books" payroll being paid during this time they will receive a fine as they are being described as non-essential unless they have an exception permit for supporting CG, BP, or other authority.
    My marina in HH is allowing on-site maintenance to be performed. They won't have any personnel on-site until another 1-2 weeks as is typical every year.
    Even then, they will probably circumvent the "on the books" payroll.
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    My dad owns a campground in Ashtabula, OH. He said they are not allowed to open but were told they can go there to clean up and do maintenance. I don't know if they have their own ramp or not though but it's on Lake Erie
  • Options
    SpyderwebSpyderweb Member Posts: 879 ✭✭✭
    RustyS said:
    @Spyderweb
    I just spoke with a canvas installer and he stated the larger marinas along the Thousand Islands and River are shutting down.
    The way he described it is if there is "on the books" payroll being paid during this time they will receive a fine as they are being described as non-essential unless they have an exception permit for supporting CG, BP, or other authority.
    My marina in HH is allowing on-site maintenance to be performed. They won't have any personnel on-site until another 1-2 weeks as is typical every year.
    Even then, they will probably circumvent the "on the books" payroll.
    Just checked the website, and my marina is now closed.
  • Options
    andydandyd Member Posts: 849 ✭✭✭
    Our harbor is open for boaters only, and the public is being discouraged from visiting by closing all parking lots and banning street parking. On March 29th a lot of people flocked to the harbor to see iconic tall ship Pilgrim, a replica of Richard Henry Dana's ship which sank in her berth. Cops wrote 168 parking tickets the following day!
    Andy