Options

Airmar h-27 thru Hull speedo

Today, I was was under my 246 painting the bottom and noticed the airmar thru hull speedo is wet around the edges. Is this common for the seal to fail?  Can I unscrew the nut inside the boat and remove fitting  to re-silicone or does it need to be replaced?

Comments

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It almost looks like oil around it? Your boat has been out of the water since last fall I’m assuming? You can remove the nut and reseal it. Make sure you clean the bottom paint off before you seal it and use 3M 5200 sealant.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,585 mod
    Are you sure it's water, not some other shiny sealing compound?  Try drying it with a hair dryer and see if the stain returns.  

If there's water leaking out from the seal, that's bad.  Water has penetrated into the hull.  Remove and re-bed  the sensor at a minimum.  
  • Options
    Does the sensor still work?  If I was going to re-bed the sensor, I'd spend $45 and replace it.  
  • Options
    noidea44noidea44 Member Posts: 14
    Thanks for the response. The boat was shrink wrapped  until yesterday. last night,
     it poured here and this morning there was water in the bilge mixed with some antifreeze that I accidentally spilled in the bilge before it was wrapped last year.  This was most likely seeping since  last year. And just noticed today.
  • Options
    Ahh - okay, if a little water in the bilge can get out, sea water will definitely get in.  Pull that baby out and re-bed with 3M 4200 sealant.