2020 Chesapeake Rinkervous

Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
I usually put this out there in the late winter.  I've been trying to think optimistically with everything else that's been going on lately.  It's definitely time to put this post out there.    If all goes right, we'll be done with cabin fever and ready to get out for some fun!!

July 10-12th will be the 15th annual Chesapeake Rinkervous.   I plan to show up to get the prime spot in Still Pond on Thursday (July 9th).  Location hasn't changed... just type 39.327710, -76.142037 into Google.  We back up to a sandy beach in fresh water.  The entire area is very sandy and the back of the boats at low tide is about 3-4 feet deep. 

The theme, well, little ironic, but it is the Olympics!! :wink:  I heard a few pretty cool plans last year.  Even someone that may bring their "Rinkertoon" boat that has a slide on it, to make it in to a toboggan ride.  

I met quite a few new people over the summer, after Rinkervous, that said they would put this on their calendar.  We also had brochures with pictures from last year that were passed out to Rinker owners at the Annapolis boat show last year.  Looking forward to meeting some new folks, as well as the old friends!  @Diggin2day1, this will be the chance to see your new table in that 370 that was sold at he show last fall!

@LaRea is going to be so tired of renovations with his house that he'll be taking all of July off and right in the middle of it, stop in for Rinkervous!! :)

I've been talking with Hawk Yachts over the winter and they will ready to bring some boats, maybe even something new you haven't seen before!  (it'd be pretty awesome to debut it at Rinkervous!!)  Always exciting to have Rinker and their dealer involved!   I sure hope to see Jeanie and Warren come back from Indiana as well!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Comments

• LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't I wish!  OK, it's going on my calendar.
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's on my calendar. We had such a great time last year that we want to come back. I am working on getting another boat or two to trailer down with us from Western PA. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • jfruhlingjfruhling Member Posts: 9
    Putting it on my calendar. This will be my first year! 

• J3ffJ3ff Member Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need some kind of Rinker boat rental for this event... :) I'm free, but the boat will be down in FL.. 
  • benvenuttiokibenvenuttioki Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
    My wife just saw this on Facebook.  We’re in... if we can only get to the boat before then. <sigh>
    Just wanted to bump this up. We are still planning on coming down and might have 2 more boats with us. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    That is awesome!!  I'm really hoping things continue the way they are and rafting will not be any issue.  We did our first social distance raftup this weekend.  Worked out well.  

I thought I'd give this a little bump again.  Since the boat is getting a little work done and it's Friday night, we've been planning out some Rinkervous activities. Gonna be some good times soon!  Can't wait to see everyone and meet some new people as well.  

• raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Are they going to allow you to have the Rinkervous? Here there can not be any raft ups and no more than 10 people per boat. The Government is out of control.... Don't get me started.....lol 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
    Sadly, the motor vessel La Rea will not make it.  Business travel, and not to someplace nice.  
    LaRea said:
    Sadly, the motor vessel La Rea will not make it.  Business travel, and not to someplace nice.  
    That is sad....

Looking through so old pictures on my phone and I found this one from last year. Looking forward to this year!! 

Go Steelers!!!
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the pic @Cableguy Greg  We are ready as well!  In the middle of our 10 day trip right now.  Greg, you gonna make it an extended trip?

@Dream_Inn we are going to leave early Thursday morning from Pittsburgh. We are thinking about going to Rock Hall for the afternoon/night then meet up with you all on Friday. Is Rock Hall a decent town to see? It's either there or head in to the Inner Harbor, which I really don't want to do. 
    Go Steelers!!!
    @Cableguy Greg Rock hall is decent and a quaint little town, very nice.  I'd highly recommend a restaurant called new yarmouth.  The have the best calzones, but everything is good.  There is a town wall you can tie to and even plug in, all for free.  The only huge caution, every now and then you could have these weird swells that rock the crap out of you.  I recommend rock hall landing marina for overnights and close to town.  

Bump
    Go Steelers!!!
  • trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    great pics = hope it all floats for ya
    Can't wait for the weekend!  Definitely going to be a smaller group this year, which is expected and fine.  We will try to keep things clean and the distance thing, but will be nice to see everyone!  We have our Olympic "games" all figured out.  Should be a really good time!!

• benvenuttiokibenvenuttioki Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Was looking forward to our first Rinkervous, but it doesn’t look like we’ll make it. Still concerns about distancing. I’m bummed. 
    @benvenuttioki We will look forward to seeing you next year.

Well, I think there are more people with boat problems than there are with vivid concerns!  The last straw was when the only other person that has made all 15 Rinkervous is having boat problems.

After 15 straight years, I'm going to officially say that we are cancelling Rinkervous this year.  It's a very sad day for us. 

I will say we are planning to do the same Olympics theme next year, just like the move of the Olympics!

• RansnanRansnan Member Posts: 81 ✭✭
    Any chance of a postponement?  Instead of a cancelation? 
    Man, I know you had a heavy heart writing that!  Let's have two next year.
  • davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    ****. I know it's the right decision but ****.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dream_Inn said:
    Well, I think there are more people with boat problems than there are with vivid concerns!  The last straw was when the only other person that has made all 15 Rinkervous is having boat problems.

After 15 straight years, I'm going to officially say that we are cancelling Rinkervous this year.  It's a very sad day for us. 

I will say we are planning to do the same Olympics theme next year, just like the move of the Olympics!
    You made the understatement of the year!!!
    Yeah, it's definitely been some up and downs on this recently.  I agree Rasnan, but too many people make sure that one weekend a year they always have open.  If I moved it, there'd be a lot of unhappy people that have something else going on (I did move it one year and about half the people had planned for it the original weekend, even my dock neighbor).  

We even went out this past Monday night and wrapped up getting a few last things for activities and spent a couple hours planning Saturday all out.  It's not all for nothing, it will be ready for next year!

The wife & I (even the kids) are a quite sad about this.   I'm not sure it will really hit me until this weekend, when we won't go. There are a few boats that want to hook up with us in at Great Oaks/Fairlee creek, but watching weather, I'm not so sure about that either.  I think we'll tie up with a few boats local.  It's been a frustrating year, & I even still feel my boat doesn't sound exactly right either after all the work I recently had done (could just be me, don't know).  I also had that weird temp thing on vacation that hasn't reappeared (gotta be a sensor).  

Oh well, things could be much worse and going to enjoy the boat with the family at least this weekend since they had made arrangements to be around all weekend.

• davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    Well @Dream_Inn let me know what you decide to do locally.  I was going to come up for Sat and the night.  If you all are staying local i could pop over for a while to just say hi.  I am wrestling with a few items myself but nothing to keep me from driving over. 
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
    even if its only 1 or 2 = try n dooo ittttt