Options

Bought a new windlass today - great deal

tk1973tk1973 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
Just wanted to share a link for my Canadian pals who might need a windlass. I just picked up a Lewmar 1000 for $999 cad or around $715 US. They even offered free shipping. 

Gencomarine In Mississauga. 

Best price I’ve seen on it. Especially with the fx as bad as it is. 

Now just need the boat back to sort it all out. 

Comments

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's shiny! What happened to the old one?

I just opened my anchor hatch to look at my windlass yesterday and noticed it is white, I have seen it numerous times however it never registered in my head apparently that it's not chrome or stainless or whatever it is under the paint. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    heard of Genco, good outfit to deal with?
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    tk1973tk1973 Member Posts: 120 ✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    It's shiny! What happened to the old one?

I just opened my anchor hatch to look at my windlass yesterday and noticed it is white, I have seen it numerous times however it never registered in my head apparently that it's not chrome or stainless or whatever it is under the paint. 
    Ended up breaking the gypsy on it. It had other issues as well so just thought to replace it. You're right, the old one is a Simpson Lawrence unit and the new one is a Lewmar. Direct replacement. Shame it's hidden in the locker, it is pretty to look at. 

mattie said:
    heard of Genco, good outfit to deal with?
    Can't say how great the guy Mitch was in their online store. Quick to reply to emails and was a painless transaction.