Options

Who has a 360 EC in Virginia or Maryland? I need to see one!

LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
Rinker owners,

This long-time 342 owner wants to order a brand-new 360 EC.  I'm ready to pull the trigger as soon as I can get aboard a 360 and see it in person.  Unfortunately, in today's economy, none of the dealers have a 360 sitting around on the lot in mid-July.  The nearest unsold boat is in Detroit, which means my wife and I would spend $1500 in travel expenses just to see it.

So I'll beg for mercy from the owner community: Is there a 360 owner within driving distance of DC that would be willing to show me their boat in the very near future?  Maybe somebody at Stone Harbor, or any of the Chesapeake Bay tributaries?

I can provide references, and/or have Rinker set up the meeting.  (I still love the fact that Randy Rinker returns phone calls from customers!)  

By the way, Rinker is offering 2014 boats at 2013 pricing for orders placed in the next week.  Among other things, some of the most popular options are now going to be offered as standard features -- such as hardwood cabin sole, teak stairs and table, and bluetooth interface for the stereo.  I'm really excited about the possibility of buying a new boat, but I can't bring myself to buy one sight-unseen.  I'm hoping there's a 360 owner who is willing to show off his/her Rinker!

Thank you.
--Chris

Comments

• Options
    You're not kidding!  Too bad for me - my marina has a really convenient fuel dock, but it's gas only.  
  • Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum Chris. Nice to see another Washingtonian on here. Which marina? I'm at Columbia Island.
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    Well, I don't own a 360, but there are a handful in my marina.  I'm in the South River Marina.  Not sure if that helps, but there's a possibility if you came someone may talk with and let you see one.  Our marina used to be a Rinker dealer, so there are well over a 100 Rinkers there of all years and sizes.  Good luck with your findings.  If you do come by, make sure to stop by my slip, B-46 to say hi!  We'll be there or at the pool most of the weekend since I have a bit of work to do on the boat.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    South River is where we bought our 342 back in 2003!  If anybody knows a 360 owner, it would save me a ton of money to see a boat there instead of flying to Detroit.  But I sorta need to decide today.

BoatAway -- I'm at Mount Vernon Yacht Club, a few miles down the Potomac.  If you were in DC on July 4th, and you saw a boat with two enormous lighted American flags flying from the antenna masts, that was me! 
  • Options
    BoatAwayBoatAway Member Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    LaRea said:
    two enormous lighted American flags flying from the antenna masts, that was me! 
    in the daylight, would the flags look like a checker board made out of christmas lights? If so I did see ya!

we were out there only for a bit. chop and crowd lead us to return to the marina. it was so hot too!
  • Options
    dmeyer502dmeyer502 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭

I am in the South River Marina also.  A very close friend of mine, who is also in the South River Marina and lives in Arlington, VA, owns a 360 and I know he would be happy, even elated, to show you his boat.  He (nor I) will be there this weekend, but if you shoot me an email, I can arrange something for next weekend (July 27 - 28) as I know we are both planning to be there then.  Email me at dmeyer502@comcast.net.

Doug

2005 342

Boat name:  Crews Control

Formerly Rinker342 on RBO

• Options
    Doug - thanks!  Email sent.

BoatAway - yes, that was me!  We were joking that the flags looked like volleyball nets in daytime. At night, they looked pretty sharp. 

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2013
    Here in Michigan, Diesel is more than gas at the pump.  Even if it was cheaper, the cost of a diesel option would take you an eternity to get a pay back in a short season.  Diesel certainly has it's benefits, but at a heck of a cost adder.

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Reg gas on street: $3.92, at marina (valvetech) ~$5.25/gal. Diesel on street ~$4.05/gal, marina ~$5.40/gal

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    craigswardmtbcraigswardmtb Member Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Wow that is crazy....  Diesel is only $0.20 more in CT and around $4.00 last time I checked.  Although I haven't been to the fuel dock in a few weeks and prices have been going up....

I have a 360, but could only wish it were a 2013!   Enjoy the purchase process.  Exciting times just not nearly as exciting as that first day it splashes!

• Options
    Michigan is #2 in the nation for high gas prices. Go figure.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    Why yes it is. Plenty of great places in town too, contrary to the doom and gloom 'news'. Grew up just outside of the city, college in the city, worked just outside of it for many years. Had many a good time and classic concerts seen in that town.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Detroit used to be a great place.  I was raised near there.  We went thru part of it this week end going to Belle Isle to visit the Dossin Great Lakes Marine Museum.  From what I saw, Detroit no longer exists.  Too bad.

Tony

Salt Shaker 342

• Options
    TonyWalkerTonyWalker Member Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

BD, where were you raised?  I was raised in Ecorse, Allen Park and finishing touches were put on at Grosse Ile.

Tony

• Options
    unikguyunikguy Member Posts: 36 ✭✭

hey chris. I am in Toronto, canada. about a 10 hour drive from DC. I would be more then glad to show you. I have a 2013 360ec fully loaded. remember I would definitely get the axius system and the 8.2l engines. we love the boat and I believe its one of the best looking cruiser out there in that size.

• Options

@TonyWalker: I grew up in the Troy/Rochester area, but spent 4 years in the city for college.  Always a fun place to go for sports, night life, Greek Town among many other places :D Always the Ballet across the river too  lol.

@RinkerYan: not going to bite on the political slant, sorry: not the place for it here.  But I bet you know near nothing about Detroit other than what bits the 'news' puts out; Detroits situation is vastly more complex than your 'simple' explaination.  We could talk about the 1MM+ registered boats in Michigan (floats between #1 and #2 in the country), 6,000+ boatable inland lakes and of course 3 Great Lakes, Lake Sinclair....all salt-free and no sharks  lol  Yeah, I like my State.

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    probably just a tanless large person in the water lol

PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    unikguy - thanks for the offer.  An owner in Annapolis has generously agreed to show me his boat tomorrow.  

How do you like the Axius?