Options

Wind Down of Rinker Brand

13»

Comments

• Options
    SimcoeRinker400SimcoeRinker400 Member Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Just found this out today sad news.  But with the way the market is going for boats here in Ontario Canada and I bet all over North America.  Right now there are no good Cruisers to be found.  Well I just bought my 2nd Rinker a 2008 400.  After owning my Rinker 342 for 2 years I was impressed by the quality of the hull and structure.  Now I have a problem getting a trucking company with a big enough Hydrailic trailer to get the 400 from New Leskeard to Lake Simcoe.  Also I have 342 forsale now. :smile:
    2008 Rinker 400 EC 
    2015 Scarab 165G
    Laser Sailboat
    2002 Seadoo Explorer
    2023 Seadoo Spark Trixx x 2
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just picked up a trailer at Trailmaster today and had to run the Indiana Toll Road back to Pittsburgh. Polaris messed up. Every factory that made boats and RV's were full of new stock. You can't tell me that there isn't a market for quality fiberglass boats. I was amazed at how many boats that I saw on trucks and in lots at the factories. SMH...
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just picked up a trailer at Trailmaster today and had to run the Indiana Toll Road back to Pittsburgh. Polaris messed up. Every factory that made boats and RV's were full of new stock. You can't tell me that there isn't a market for quality fiberglass boats. I was amazed at how many boats that I saw on trucks and in lots at the factories. SMH...
    Greg, how was the road????
  • Options
    Stitch232Stitch232 Member Posts: 4
    I read on a thread that contacting Rinker directly for an extended swim platform was the way to go. So a few months back I left a message on the “contact us” link on the site, I got an email back and started exchanging emails about my interest of purchasing an swim platform for my Captiva 232. I was told the price and the lead time they would need to make it, great!!! I emailed the lady the other day and got an invalid email address sent back to me. So I went through the whole “contact us” link on the website again, but this time got a response that “Rinker division has closed and all parts were sold aftermarket to Great Lake skipper. Well that’s all great, but my question is where do I get an OEM extended swim platform for my 2000 Captiva 232 BR? Did someone buy the mold to keep making them? or do I just have to find one somewhere if I’m lucky? or am I just out of luck and have to go with an aftermarket one (which I don’t want). Any info is appreciated.
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a company that makes them and I think @Lake_Bum can possibly tell you? I can't remember the post or who had it done for sure. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    @Stitch232 the one I had made is MUCH bigger than the factory swim platform, mine is 47" deep on my 232.  But the company that made it for me in based in Phoenix, AZ.  I had the luxury of just dropping my boat off with them, and they mounted it up for me, including LED lights underneath it.  Swim Platforms....

https://swimplatforms.com/
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Unfortunately, if GLS doesn't have one, it probably doesn't exist and you'll need to have one fabricated.  You can try looking for a salvage boat with the right swim platform, but finding one is highly unlikely.  I know that's not the answer you were hoping for.  
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greg, how was the road????

Just saw this. The road was great. We are planning on using that route to and from Paxton, IL from now on verses 70 west to 74 west. That route shave close to 45 minutes off our trip.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!