Options

Forum Update

2»

Comments

• Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭
    I've been a member on a few different boat brand forums, and this Rinker one is by FAR the best. Lots of activity, lots of friendships, and just an overall good "feel" to it, even to newcomers.  If we can keep everything the same, great!  If we have an amazing offer from @212rowboat as an alternative, even better!   
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,254 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been on this forum for about 5 years? Tikihut was my first contact and he was awesome....what an adventure finding our boat and getting it home...there are great people that come and go, one day I will be one of them, and hope this forum will continue and promote our style of boating- the pendulum swings both ways...one day it is cool, next day it is not and then next day it's cool again...so we press on and enjoy.
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    However it works out I sincerely hope that somehow the forum stays alive. This is an amazing resource for boaters new and old and a real sense of community. Like any family we have our laughs and our squabbles, share tips, pics, memories and generally help each other out. I have been involved in many forums over the years and this one is right at the top for quality. I did join the FB Rinker group, after @diggin2day1 opened up his online marketplace there and I have to say it's generally a sh!tshow. As with most things FB. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no social media for that reason of it usually being a disaster. I do go on the hull truth on occasion when it comes up Google but that is a mess as well and mostly a fishing boat forum. This has been the best as far as useful data and getting answers to questions 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On hull truth if you dont have a 200k plus offshore fishing boat you dont have crap.  This is a very relaxed forum. While our political beliefs vary wildly there seems to be a large amount of respectful disagreement.  When it comes to diesel vs gas or hard top vs soft it turns into a boxing match.  I think that is a very beautiful thing.
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound - I started the Rinker Boats Marketplace, I have nothing to do with the Rinker Boat Owners Facebook group. I am a member on the “owners group” and try to direct anyone I deal with to come to this forum. 
       I started the marketplace after seeing so many other brand specific(Sea Ray, etc) marketplaces and for obvious reasons! Lol... 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @diggin2day1 yep. I realize your FB presence is separate, it just comes up often on the Owner's group and I've seen you point people here. I have not done so yet because quite frankly some of the jacka$$e$ I've seen on there I wouldn't want to put up with here.  :D  
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    @diggin2day1 yep. I realize your FB presence is separate, it just comes up often on the Owner's group and I've seen you point people here. I have not done so yet because quite frankly some of the jacka$$e$ I've seen on there I wouldn't want to put up with here.  :D  
    You put up with me and Randy LOL
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    @Willhound - I try and keep my distance from the “meatballs” as well. I figure if they show up here and have something to offer us then great, if they don’t they’ll get schooled by the Handymans342s of our forum. Ha ha!! 
        I am very thankful for this forum And it’s members, it has definitely given me a new hobby and reacquainted me with something I love to do. 
  • Options
    RiverRat232RiverRat232 Member Posts: 596 ✭✭✭
    On hull truth if you dont have a 200k plus offshore fishing boat you dont have crap.  This is a very relaxed forum. While our political beliefs vary wildly there seems to be a large amount of respectful disagreement.  When it comes to diesel vs gas or hard top vs soft it turns into a boxing match.  I think that is a very beautiful thing.
    Yeah, you are correct. There are a lot of boat snobs on THT. That being said, I simply cannot understand spending up to a million dollars on a center console.
  • Options
    The man, the myth, the legend, the guy that some how rubs a few people raw, a non boat owner on a boaters forum, and one of my personal favorite people (and i hate everyone) @Handymans342 is back!
  • Options
    Hopefully, this forum stays put. I would like to see the Rinker family buy the brand back.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Yeah, you are correct. There are a lot of boat snobs on THT. That being said, I simply cannot understand spending up to a million dollars on a center console.

If my accountant told me i needed to spend or pay taxes it would make sense.  Same for the McMansions, island homes, super cars and private jets.  

I keep asking my parents if there is some trust fund in my name they have forgotten about, so far no luck.
  • Options

If my accountant told me i needed to spend or pay taxes it would make sense.  Same for the McMansions, island homes, super cars and private jets.  

I keep asking my parents if there is some trust fund in my name they have forgotten about, so far no luck.
    I would spend it on a generally appreciating item like real estate or classic cars.
  • Options
    The man, the myth, the legend, the guy that some how rubs a few people raw, a non boat owner on a boaters forum, and one of my personal favorite people (and i hate everyone) @Handymans342 is back!
    Where did he go?
  • Options

I would spend it on a generally appreciating item like real estate or classic cars.

Classic cars only because its a hobby...realestate yes!!!  I want a few trailer parks.  The cash flow from lower income housing is incredible.  Investing in buying, developing and resell or lease is great if you are sitting on millions, but if you have a 1/4 million to invest, 10 trailers at 110 a week.  So long as you have the stomach for the headaches and can do a majority of your handy work, keeping expenses down between turn overs is key.  

• Options
    Where did he go?

Handy went mia for a few weeks when all this covid 19 stuff hit.
  • Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020
    I evacuated to my submarine 
  • Options
    @PickleRick I have seen some 55 and older trailer parks. Seems like the way to go. Less trouble prone and more stable clientele.
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We actually looked into buying rentals in 55 plus community so that way the age discrimination was done for us 😆
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    One of my family members just sold a park that was 55 and up.  His grandfather built the park some 50 years ago.  The tenants owned the mobile homes.  Rent is 450 a month and a strict h.o.a.  flower beds are not covered in rent but the yards are mowed for you.  

They cleared about 2000 a month after expenses each month.  Wasn't anything to brag about, he owned other parks that he owned the homes in, took in much more cash on those.  They were much more hands on and full of headache.  Other than  the lawn maintenance any home issues were on the trailer owner so it was hassle free for the most part.

Id have loved to bought it but i didn't have the collateral or funding to do so.  Not exactly something you can go to rocket mortgage for.  At that time i was still trying to recover from a divorce that set me back a decade or more financially.  That lady was the covid 19 economic shut down of my love life.

Handy, if anyone on this forum had access to a Soviet nuclear sub, my money would be on you.  It's great to see you posting again.

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divorces can leave one financially wrecked. Several friends who have gone that path. Trying to avoid it personally. lol

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI