Custom wood table install

03rinker310fv03rinker310fv Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
Im looking to find someone who builds custom wood finish tables for my boat if anyone has any information on anything close to this let me know thank you. 
* Hakuna Matata * 2003 Rinker Fiesta Vee 310

Comments

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • 03rinker310fv03rinker310fv Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Thank you
  • 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm a wood worker on the side... (and run a forum for the local group that hasn't been socialized with the group yet thanks to covid-19; was supposed to be unveiled april 3; @ https://www.carolina-woodworkers.com)

at any rate, I just did a desk- using flooring of all things, and with a compass carved in an inset... encapsulated it in resin.  

I could certainly make what you want... or, you can ask on that forum linked and see if anyone else would be interested who's skill surpasses my own.  

i have a shopbot cnc router with a 38" x 28" bed on it... I 'could' literally carve that table from a solid slab if that is what you desire and if it fits within those dimensions.  I can also join slabs/planks as a traditional table is made and much like the one pictured (it was heart pine and matches his flooring- the inset is red oak, approx 1/2" deep under the resin, and the compass is 1/8" tall). 

i also have access (once this covid-19 passes?) to all kinds of woods to choose from... from common indigenous American to exotic imported.  

some resume:

a 2.5" thick cutting board made of sapele and white ashe, with 1/4" thick inset letters of white ashe:

here is another two i did (not tables but what i call 'mantle pieces' for friends/family... just to demonstrate the capacity of that CNC: 

• WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you do a search you might find some pics I think in the Marketplace. Also on FB under Rinker Custom Steps I beleive.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    Im looking to find someone who builds custom wood finish tables for my boat if anyone has any information on anything close to this let me know thank you. 
    Let me know what you’re looking to do... 
  • 03rinker310fv03rinker310fv Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    Thank you for your response you are quite talented. i contacted keith when i got my first response and have been talking with him already i will defiantly keep you in mind for previous projects thank you.
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,556 mod
    Those are great @212rowboat !!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭✭
    You guys have really nice wood 👌
    1997 Bayliner 3988
    @212rowboat gotta love the CNC... I make signs, plaques and mantle pieces in the “off-season” as well(actually started a small business: https://www.facebook.com/612signworks/ ). it’s amazing what can be done on a CNC!
    I owned a small steel fabrication shop in Arizona and was about to buy a CNC plasma cutter however we closed down before I did. I still want to buy one for my home shop there is definitely some money to be made there plus it's cool 😎
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice!!! what machine/software do you run? me, shopbot and vcarve... thinking of upgrading to aspire... 

i'm just getting into it, and easing back into woodworking altogether.  you do some great work!!!!  you've inspired me with those tables... I CAN DO THAT!!!!! (well, the machine can- heheheheee!!!) 

i'm thinking about doing something legit with that machine, too... maybe a small 'overflow' operation for some local sign shops. 

nice!!! what machine/software do you run? me, shopbot and vcarve... thinking of upgrading to aspire... 

i'm just getting into it, and easing back into woodworking altogether.  you do some great work!!!!  you've inspired me with those tables... I CAN DO THAT!!!!! (well, the machine can- heheheheee!!!) 

i'm thinking about doing something legit with that machine, too... maybe a small 'overflow' operation for some local sign shops. 

I use a Laguna and VCarve 
    Aqua_Aura said:
    I owned a small steel fabrication shop in Arizona and was about to buy a CNC plasma cutter however we closed down before I did. I still want to buy one for my home shop there is definitely some money to be made there plus it's cool 😎
    I’ve seen a bunch of amazing “metal art” done on cnc plasma machines... I have the capability to carve aluminum and mild steel with my cnc but I choose not to. I don’t want metal shavings all over the place, couldn’t use my existing dust collection system for it and would have to reconfigure my cnc to cool/lubricate cutters... not to mention all new tooling !!!
    Yeah I definitely try and keep my metal and woodworking tools separate. Two very different jobs that shouldn't be mixed up. I hated smelling like metal when I came home from my shop. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • echandler1971echandler1971 Member Posts: 165 ✭✭
    New custom table from Rinker Custom Steps for my boat Dan of Steel. 
    Dan of Steel
    '05 Rinker 360 Fiesta Vee