Has anyone ripped up the carpet in the cabin?

davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
I need to replace the carpeting and am looking for any advice. The walking aisle is already replaced. I need to do the stuff around the table and along the borders.
It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!

Comments

• IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Considering whether to do same in ours and put down the faux teak.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭✭
    @icoultha.  A lot of folks have done that and if you search you can find some really great posts.  The walking area gets a lot of wear and it makes a lot of sense.  A wet towel cleans it up very easily and because it is out of the weather it holds up well.  For me it is time to do the remaining carpet.  So i am trying to figure out if i can do it with out disassembling the dining area.  There are several spots that look as if it is wrapped and possibly stabled and then installed with a few well hidden screws or nails. This photo is from a few years ago.
  • SeaHareSeaHare Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭
    @icoultha.  A lot of folks have done that and if you search you can find some really great posts.  The walking area gets a lot of wear and it makes a lot of sense.  A wet towel cleans it up very easily and because it is out of the weather it holds up well.  For me it is time to do the remaining carpet.  So i am trying to figure out if i can do it with out disassembling the dining area.  There are several spots that look as if it is wrapped and possibly stabled and then installed with a few well hidden screws or nails. This photo is from a few years ago.
    What kind of flooring is that?  Lonseal? 
    01 FV 310, 5.7s carbed, B3s
    I am not 100%sure. The PO did it.
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    I put I put the lonseal in mine easy job it’s just the prep to get the floor smooth 
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    @davidbrooks I have seen the prior posts around doing the inside, a lot of discussion when I was doing the MarineMat above. I’ll have a look more once she is out in the daylight and in the water, yours looks good and the thought I had for ours. I am not so concerned about the dining area and sides, more the floor itself that gets the wear and traffic more.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

It looks ok in the pic but the pic is a few years old in person it is starting to look rough.  There are a few stains that wont come out and it just looks dated.  I really didn't want to be the guinea pig with this.  If no one else has done it then the only way i know how to figure out how tough this is going to be is to jump into it. I have one home project in line ahead of this and then i may see how bad it is going to be.  
  • 03rinker310fv03rinker310fv Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    GMSLITHO said:
    I put I put the lonseal in mine easy job it’s just the prep to get the floor smooth 
    Just ordering my Lonseal and am curious about what steps you took to smoothin the floor out, i am starting my process next week. Thanks
    * Hakuna Matata * 2003 Rinker Fiesta Vee 310
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    I started with some bonds then decided to use a piece on luan cut to the floor size which worked out great ,but someone on here mentioned that if it got wet it would bubble it’s been down 3 years now with no issues I used 1/4 in mahogany on the sides 
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lauan will bubble if it gets soaked but just a bit of damp won't hurt it. If you get that much water in your cabin you have bigger issues. 
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270