Options

1999 Rinker 212 Captiva Bilge Pump

Just got boat out of winter storage and noticed the Bilge Pump light was dimly lit even when off once I put battery in boat.  Eventually breaker tripped so I folded myself in half and crawled into engine bay to look at what I assume is the bilge, mounted to the floor of the sump under the forward part of the engine.  After some inspection I see someone before my ownership decided to use butt connectors when installing pump but did not tie them up out of the sump so they lay right in the bottom and are corroded and obviously were shorting and tripping breaker. I pulled up the wiring out of the bottom and to dry out.   The pump looks original from what I can tell but does anyone know the original brand of pump used if it is shot as well? 

Comments

• Options
    ewhitefo73ewhitefo73 Member Posts: 2
    Yes confirmed it is the Bilge, and its a Johnson with the removable float switch.  I assume the switch is bad as well as the bilge motor. Ordered a new one and once weather warms will take back seat out for easier access.  Even with wires out of water the breaker trips. Bilge looks like its pretty old and with butt connectors laying in water I am gonna bet the wiring all the way to pump motor is shot causing a short across float switch and also windings of motor.