Options

Shore power sockets

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if there is a separate isolator switch for the port side shore power socket.  The stern socket works fine but when I plug the lead into the port socket not even the green light comes on on the panel.  There is an isolator near the stern socket but i can't find one near the port socket.   Boat is 250 vee.
Thanks in advance,
Chris (UK)

Comments

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,553 mod
    Probably not.  When the inlet socket is located near the panel, a disconnect switch is not required, so they probably did not install one.  On my boat, there's no disconnect for the forward inlets because they are right next to the panel.

Doesn't the panel have a switch for port vs. starboard?  
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    My 330 has 2 breakers under a switch cover near the transom door for port and starboard power in. Separate from the battery switch panel on deck and breaker panel in the cabin.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    Chilli_PepperChilli_Pepper Member Posts: 7
    LaRea, there is no obvious port v stern switch.  I'll see if I can trace the wires from the port socket and see where they go.
    aero3113, there is as a switch near the transom but in only relates to the transom socket. it's on the opposite side to the battery master switch.
    Thanks Guys