Options

310 EC Grill

TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
With everybody talking about and/or selling their grills, it got us thinking again about installing one, and have a question about the built-in version on the 310 - or any other model.

I think this is the OEM version available on Amazon for $600...

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B003YFHPE2/?coliid=I3JFXK83VQB5ZO&colid=194SP8SXXZ4JY&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

For people that have them: Are they messy? Our thought is how close it is to the captain's seat, we can see lots of grease spattering. Any issues in that regard?

For those that might have installed after-market: I'm assuming the wiring is already in place and should almost be a plug-n-play install?

Comments

• Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    Keep in mind the originals are electric and you will need to run your generator or be plugged in to use it obviously. Grease would be a potential issue but smoke in the cockpit more so. I have mine mounted on the platform for those reasons. If something goes wrong like a major flare up I can just drop it in the water away from the boat.
  • Options
    Thanks @earl1z19 -- We'd probably just use when at the dock so power is no issue. We do keep our canvas top up all the time, so smoke/flare-ups are a worry. I would think if Rinker designed it to be in that spot, they also thought of these things - but I could be wrong. 
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TonyG13.....for the points you raised we chose the Magma SS transom grill for our 2013EC310. I have seen the OEM grill (factory mounted behind the captain's seat) modified by having a splatter skirt draped around it during use. I have seen 310s with the fish rod type gunnel holders. All in all I prefer the transom mount.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @Michael T - With transom mount, what do you with the the propane tank when not in use? They're supposed to not be stored in an enclosed area, so where does one keep it?
    Post edited by TonyG13 on
  • Options
    @TonyG13 Tony I used the small green propane canisters. They are rated to be stored in the transom locker. BTW - there should be a rather lengthy thread on this in our archives if searched. A while back but I seem to remember some great mods.
  • Options
    Thanks. I'll have to check that out. Still interested to hear from anyone with an OEM grill.
  • Options
    @TonyG13.....if you can find that tread there was a guy with a 310 and OEM grill in the cabinet behind the captain's seat. I believe he said it was no problem although a former dock mate of mine said the grill splattered grease spots on the seat and floor. He had the '"skirt" made that i referred to above.