Options

seems i have just a couple more days to ask this

2»

Comments

• Options
    Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rasbury said:
    I don't know Steve...my buddy at lemesa makes that a year as a service advisor fixing them...
    That’s because they charge too much per hour Rick and they work on all brands. A lot of people, boat owners too have no clue how to fix anything. 
  • Options
    Plus they do a lot of service work on motor homes and towable. It’s not all repairs. Also adding upgrades too. You should know this. 
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never set foot on the place but would guess that is correct....class a would be a lot different to maintain than a fifth wheel program....I have seen a couple really nice ones- 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    This is my buddy's rig. Retired at 51 after 30 years as a fireman. Winter's in South Padre Island Texas. When the Covid Crap hit the fan they shut the access to the island down so he and his wife just decided to stay rather than come home through 11 states in the snow. Just heading home this week as he can't stay any longer without tax issues.
    I'd call him a lucky Ba$**** but in reality he's shared with me some of the things he's seen and dealt with in 30 years on the squad and I'd have to say he deserves it.
    No wonder he's an insane alcoholic....we get along well!

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    @Willhound yeah it was tough the last few months for full timers with all the campgrounds closed
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That particular park doesn't really cater to transients, almost all full 6 month season or more. They were considered "residents" and were able to get a pass to get on and off the island. If you didn't live there you weren't allowed on. Checkpoints at all bridges like in the pic he sent me. Coming back they have the same issue, that park they are in is for residents only. This nutbar went all in. Sold the house, sold or gave away everything and has no fixed address. That 5th wheel is their only home. 

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what I want to do on my way out...boat or rv...
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,594 mod
    rasbury said:
    That's what I want to do on my way out...boat or rv...
    Same here, but definitely a boat

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options