Options

Rinker Fiesta Vee 240 top operation

Stever00Stever00 Member Posts: 145
This may be a stupid question. I trailer this boat. The bimini top has to be taken down to do that. Dont ask me how I know. The guy I bought it from said it would be ok to leave it up. 
What is easiest way to fold this top back and have to spent 30 mins trying to put it bake up at the lake? It come with a boot to cover the top when you fold it back. This must have been a joke. There is no way this top and 3 frame pieces will zip up in this little boot. To make it harder. The middle frame goes between the side zippers and the top. When you fold it back it wants to rip out the zippers.  The navigation light (anchor light) has to be taken off and unplugged. I'm thinking this top was not made to be taken down a lot. It was made to cover boat with isenglas windows and covers for storage. I would love to see a video of someone putting this top up and then back down. 

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 270 has an almost identical top. If I remember correctly (I never take mine down except in fall to remove) if you remove the isinglass front piece and undo the snap clips on the straps it should fold back against the rear support. If you have the cover boot zip it on or else use some tie straps to hold it in place. If you at least remove the isinglass you could probably leave it up at lower speeds, say 50mph or so. But it'll last a lot longer if you don't.

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    I've never fold it back with isenglas. If I remove the 2nd brace from front it might fold back. I've tried several ways. I believe a 12 year old could have designed a better boat top for this boat.  Speaking of isenglas that Summer Labatories 210 cleaner polish worked wonders on mine. I couldn't see through it until I used it. It worked wonders on convertible top back window also. 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you might be right on the small brace. There should be quick pull pins in that so it lays down against the front brace I think. I've had great success with a product called Klear to Sea. Bad pun but great product.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    pendi156pendi156 Member Posts: 1
    Willhound said:
    Yeah, you might be right on the small brace. There should be quick pull pins in that so it lays down against the front brace I think. I've had great success with a product called Klear to Sea. Bad pun but great product.
    Nice idea
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    I have the same boat remove the glass and fold the cover back to the stern and put the cover on  on my cover there is a hole for the anchor light you could bring it to a canvas guy and have one put in 

looks like you have a nice storage set up 
  • Options
    Thanks, I finally figured out how to loosen the brackets drop them and get top in that little cover. Sill lot work to do that and then set it back up.