Options

Boat Bag

WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is my Booty (Boatie) Bag. I was going to put this under What I Did to my Boat today, but it's not my boat, can't get to my boat, so instead I went through and made sure I had all my gear ready for when I can get go. Besides, maybe a few others can add on and we can get some ideas. This bag stays in my truck all of boating season so I always know where it is and can head to the boat whenever I want. I consider these my essentials that I can grab at a moment's notice. While under way it sits under my seat and if we disembark somewhere I can easily grab it and bring it along, or lock it in the cabin.
More or less from left to right:
Humminbird Chartplotter/GPS/Sonar with Navionics Chip, Neck lanyards for keys etc if I'm in a bathing suit without pockets (the Coors one has a built in bottle opener), Main set of keys, back up set of keys with a spare Hundy tucked in the floater (a third set is always in my truck glove box), Floating flashlight with lamp/beacon function, cocktail napkins from Pineapple Willie's in Panama City Beach (why not?), pile of beer coozies, the bag itself, small copy of chart from my main boating areas (full set onboard), local Marina guide, boat snap tool, back up battery for cell phone and charge cords, Nikon 10x50 waterproof binoculars, Pouch with all my licenses, cards, spare compass and mini flashlight, to the bottom left a container with eye glass cleaner and cloth, chewing gum, throat lozenges, floating eye glass strap for when in the water, Advil, hand wipes, salt and pepper (never know when you get a take out sandwich!), electrical tape, handheld VHF with charge cord and batteries that fit the VHF and flashlight, multi-tip screwdriver, adjustable wrench and multi tool/pliers/knife.
This is besides the full set of tools and spares that always stay on the boat. I just find it handy sometimes to just reach into the bag. Missing right now is extra sunscreen and spare eyeglasses that I had on our winter vacation, need to track those down and get them in there.
I'm sure some of you do the same? Anything different in your bag?

"Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)

Comments

• Options
    Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m a big fan of the handheld VHF. I have (2). One on my dinghy the other my backup. 

I like the bag idea!

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How big is that friggin bag? I thought this was a thread about our wives...
  • Options
     :D Not that big Ras. About 12x8x8. With the Chartplotter in it I have a hard time zipping it unless I carefully arrange everything.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that 12 feet x? Looks like you'd need it! Lol
  • Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Like the Supertrax lanyard!!

I’d throw in a nice pair of channel locks too. Also since you’re in the north Picquic makes some really nice multi blade screwdrivers - even a mariner version. 
    Grab one if you can. Like them better than multi drivers that you open the handle to find a bit.

http://picquic.ca/

Add some various Zip ties too.
    246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    mattie said:
    Like the Supertrax lanyard!!

I’d throw in a nice pair of channel locks too. Also since you’re in the north Picquic makes some really nice multi blade screwdrivers - even a mariner version. 
    Grab one if you can. Like them better than multi drivers that you open the handle to find a bit.

http://picquic.ca/

Add some various Zip ties too.
    Yep. I have a Picquic that sits in the cubbie by my microwave and a full tool kit in the cabin with the other items and much more. This is just my grab and go bag for a few essentials. Started as a way to carry my keys and chart plotter since I don't leave it in the boat when I leave and ten a few things got added.