String of bad luck.

golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
 So last month I had a case of vertigo at work and was taken to hospital by ambulance. While there they did a CT scan and then a couple hours later they did another and found two aneurysms high in brain above and behind each eye. I was told at hospital they were small and was released next day with many doctor appointments to schedule. So after seeing neurosurgeon and vascular surgeon I was told that aneurysms 10mm or bigger are considered large and need to be corrected. One of mine is 12 mm and the other is 9 mm. Thursday I'm scheduled for an cerebral angiogram to see if they can fix via artery or skull. So that sucks. Then yesterday I get a call that my boat is in water and ready to move to my marina. Me and my buddy get to boat start starboard engine and it starts right up start port and it also starts up but starboard stalls. My boat has inboards and I was checking for water flow from exhaust when I see that I have no oil pressure on port engine. I  shut everything down and check oil and I notice oil all over around oil filter but filter seems tight same thing on starboard engine. The marina that puts the boat in also winterizes, changed oil, and stores my boat. I could not stick around due to a video Dr. appointment. The service manager and owner assured me they would take care of it. I haven't heard anything from them today and quite honestly with everything gong on it's not a high priority at the moment. On the bright side, I was able to get new windlass installed last week while still being a little wobbly from the vertigo( Thanks Black_Diamond) and new battery charger. 
 The one good thing from all this is that if I had never gotten the vertigo they never would have found the aneurysms.
 Sorry for the long winded sob story just needed to vent.

Comments

• trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    nothing but calm seas and blue skies = for you and your family
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    your in my prayers 
  • Liberty44140Liberty44140 Member Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wishing you all the best for a fast recovery. I’m sure the oil leak was just an issue with the line and an easy fix...
    07' Cruisers 390 (Previous Rinker's: 06' 342EC & 01' 310FV)

• bry1429bry1429 Member Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    A little Sweet Georgia Brown to make you smile. you will make it out of this just fine golfdog !
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take care of yourself. A #1!!  The boat will wait. Good luck with your appointments and resolution. Hopefully an ‘easy’ fix. 

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Sending prayers your way. Nothing but the best to you and the family.  Please keep us posted 
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck hope goes well.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    You are part of our boating family, & will keep you in our prayers.  Everything will turn out fine.  I'm also sure your service manager will take good care of your boat so that it will be ready when you are! :)

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I likely head back into chemotherapy - you are in my prayers @golfdog. I believe your name is Gerry? If so, best of luck Gerry!

• MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you ... keep strong!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• golfdoggolfdog Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the very kind words it really means a lot. By this time tomorrow I'll know path forward and that will be a relief.
    As far as boat goes, my buddy stopped at the marina today and they say they fixed leak on port engine. He asked about starboard and they thought it was only port even though there is oil all over each motor. Hopefully they will address it tomorrow. As some of you have said boat isn't high priority right now and I agree. It will all work itself out.
    Again, Thank you.
    Jerry

• rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang in there Jerry, you have a ton of good vibes coming your way and best of luck...👍
  • IanIan Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭
    Best wishes Jerry.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Our prayers go out. 
    2008 330EC
  • LaReaLaRea Member Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, you can always know there's a second family here on the forum sending hopeful thoughts your way. 
  • Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news Jerry - for you and about your boat. I was just notified today by my cancer center that I will receive a transfusion tomorrow - good news for me - and that our local marinas can begin full service and place boats in the slips. Boat owners can not visit their boats at their slips yet but that is coming next. At least the boats will be in the water and ready once proximity rules are relaxed and we will now be able to get our Waverunner out of heated storage.....some good news, eh?
  • reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dude your boat and brain fixed in one day awesome 
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    Great news Jerry congratulations 

2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great great news! I hope the boat problems didn’t give you medical issues. A lot of guys on here are now alcoholics due to boat issues LOL
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray news! And Handy, I have to tell you....I think some of us were already when we decided to get a boat...😎
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news @golfdog !!
    2008 330EC
  • Handymans342Handymans342 Member Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Willhound said:
    Gray news! And Handy, I have to tell you....I think some of us were already when we decided to get a boat...😎
    Are you saying that alcohol was a factor in buying your boat?
  • GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    good to hear 
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you saying that alcohol was a factor in buying your boat?
    Well.....it might have been a decision that looked better after several beers, yes. No moenung after regrets though.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    Great news!  Now you can get out on that boat and relax!!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express