Options

Rinker 350 questions - Electrical, TV and Sump

Hello Everyone,

We just bought a 2008 350.  Have some electrical questions...
1. On the AC\DC panel..... have multiple breakers\switches listed accessory.... can anyone tell me what they power?
2. At cockpit have three switches listed accessory... same question... what do the power?
3.  This boat was made in 2007..... this is before the mandated TV broadcast went from analog to digital signals.  Does the saucer TV antenna from factory pick up the digital signals or does it need to be upgraded?
4. Where is the shower sump box and float, how do I get access to it?

Comments

• Options
    JimGuy341JimGuy341 Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    The shower sump should be under the port side cushion in the mid-berth.
    2008 350 EC
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The accessories switches on the helm are basically place holders for options that were not added at the factory. Such as underwater lights, raw water washdown etc. I am using one of my accessory helm switches as the stereo on switch rather than having to put the key to acc when anchored. The CB panel I assume is basically the same, either stuff wasn't added at the factory or just for expansion. I don't have the refrigerator on my main deck so I assume that's what one of my CB panel acc switches are. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OEM antenna will pick up the digital off air signals. No need to change it. My boat was built in 2007 and I have the same antenna. I upgraded my TV and get 40+ off air digital channels. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Mine is 07 as well and the tv antenna won't pick up anything. I am gonna upgrade the TV for other reasons so maybe that will help. 

@Cableguy Greg did your old TV not pick up any channels as well? 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    Mich350Mich350 Member Posts: 19
    Thank you for answers.
  • Options
    Mich350Mich350 Member Posts: 19
    New question on 2008 350 gas tanks.... are port and star tanks same size?  (117.5 ×2 = 235 gallons)  Setting up in VV7.
  • Options
    Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the EC 360 they are the same size. There are valves to draw from either or balance them - for example if the generator has run one tank down. BTW 350 - great Rinker hull!
  • Options
    WaveHogWaveHog Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I have the same year and model boat....I did have to replace the tv antenna to get digital, super easy, plug and play.  On the gas tanks mine are the same size, twin 125 gallon, I'm running 350 MAG MPI gas.
  • Options
    mfritzmfritz Member Posts: 41
    Can you have the generator run off both gas tanks?
  • Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,552 mod
    edited July 2020
    Yes, you can draw from one tank or the other by using the crossover valve.  
    [EDIT:  On most boats, the generator always draws from the port tank.]

There are three fuel valves in the engine room.
    Normal operation:            Port/crossover/starboard = open/closed/open
    Use port tank only:           Port/crossover/starboard = open/open/closed
    Use starboard tank only:  Port/crossover/starboard = closed/open/open
    Post edited by LaRea on
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    My 330 won’t allow port tank only to feed the genny. Shut off is in the wrong spot. 

2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    Yes, I wish the genny could pull fuel from either tank, but they are not configured that way.  The issue with my boat is, the genny pulls fuel from the stbd side & waste tank is on the port side.  So, if you have a really nice weekend, you are leaning toward port side.  The shower drains to the stbd, so, you need people to stand on stbd side while showering! :smile: 
     I try to account for this when I know I'll be running my genny, I'll drive up using fuel on just the port side.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express