Identifying EC 280 Refrigerator Parts?

djstewydjstewy Olympia Yacht Club - Olympia, WAMember Posts: 37 ✭✭
My wife and I have a 2007' Rinker Express Cruiser 280 and our cockpit freezer has had its release handle break.  The small plastic parts that hold it onto the door have broken all along the left side making the release mechanism stick up a bit.  It's still usable, but clunky and I'm afraid the whole release handle will eventually break off. 

Anybody know what model of Waeco fridge these boats have?  I couldn't find any identifying marks on the front of it besides the brand name.  When I looked at it through the back by removing the trash recepticle I couldn't make anything out.  It looks like Waeco may have rebranded to Domestic now as well, but their support site isn't helpful.  I'd love to find a replacement door instead of the entire fridge if possible.  Any help would be appreciated!

Comments

• Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    Dometic (Waeco) CR-1065

Same thing happened to mine. I am replacing the door, but it is in limbo between China, New Zealand and the USofA.
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    When you open the door, the S/N and model number are on the upper side inside the door by the freezer door.
    Go Steelers!!!
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Lower Columbia River, WashingtonMember Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    OMG a rinker owner that's actually near me and they have the same boat 😎🤯
    2007 280 EC Volvo 8.1 Gi-H
  • aero3113aero3113 Long Island, NYMember Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can contact Cruisair they can get the door for you. I ordered one over the winter and just recently installed it.

https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/rebranded/cruisair

2008 330EC
  • djstewydjstewy Olympia Yacht Club - Olympia, WAMember Posts: 37 ✭✭
    You guys all rock, thanks for the info!  I'll be reaching out to the vendor on Monday.

Aqua_Aura - No kidding!  There are a few of us up here in the NW, another member lives up in Anacortes with our same boat. :smile:
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Lower Columbia River, WashingtonMember Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭
    I wish I was in Anacortes I grew up in Mount Vernon and my wife is from Port Angeles but we randomly ended up in Longview after living in Phoenix. 
    2007 280 EC Volvo 8.1 Gi-H
  • GMDocGMDoc Peterborough, Ontario, CanadaMember Posts: 3
    Just so everyone knows, I just ordered a handle for my fridge, here is the link
    https://pantherrvproducts.com/dometic-coolmatic-4450008846-oem-refrigerator-door-latch-handle-black/
    I'll have to let you know if/when it actually arrives.  I'm the one who broke mine, and I was getting pretty mad at myself after all the hours I spent looking for a handle, door or anything.  It was getting close to putting out $1200 for a new fridge.
    2008 260 EC
    Buckhorn Lake, Ontario, Canada
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDMember, Moderator Posts: 6,473 mod
    That's a great find!  I'm gonna have to see if it will fit my salon fridge.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

Where was that link when I needed it. I ordered the entire door. 
    Go Steelers!!!
  • GMDocGMDoc Peterborough, Ontario, CanadaMember Posts: 3
    Hey everyone, so you know, that handle is for a CR-1110 not the CR-1065 that I have.  So, if anyone wants a handle, I have a brand new one in hand.  Total of $75 (Canadian) invested, so if I get that back I'm happy.  And if anyone finds a CR-1065 handle...let me know :)
    2008 260 EC
    Buckhorn Lake, Ontario, Canada
  • Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDMember, Moderator Posts: 6,473 mod
    So, I finally remembered to look at my fridge and it is the waeco CR-110. The handle in the link says it's for dometic.  Will it work on mine?  @GMDoc is this what you bought?

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express