330 sliding door

mskpharmdmskpharmd Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
Hi everyone the sliding door on my 1999 FV330 has a plastic piece at the bottom that acts as a guide and slides the door on the track.  Mine unfortunately is cracking from sun, etc. (see photos).  I've checked some of the boat stores for this piece without any luck.  Soliciting the combined brain trust here for ideas. Thanks 

Comments

• YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you could make a replacement out of starboard. 
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • mskpharmdmskpharmd Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Was thinking that too, but it may be tricky as it has a groove in it that slides along the track 
  • WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That piece almost looks like an add on by a previous owner for draft something?
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270
    Nope I'm the original owner
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mskpharmd , find a shop with a 3D printer, I would think that’s something they would be able to replicate if you can’t find one.
    2008 330EC
  • raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,455 admin
    You can try Rinker if I am looking at that right that part is call a truck. 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top.
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a piece like that on the door of my 01 242. The door was very stiff to slide. I removed the 3 screws and the door opened and closed very easily.
    2008 330EC
    I will try the 3D printer. Thanks 
  • julie4julie4 Member Posts: 10
    My sliding door has finally had enough of sliding nicely and decided to fall to bits. The wheel on the middle roller fell to bits and now scrapes along the rail.
     I have seen lots of options to replace. Tidy transporters do a kit which has all 3 rollers. They look different to the one I have on my bus though. I know its just a rollery thing so doesn't really matter but was wondering what's the crack with my one. Anyone advise not to go aftermarket on these bits?

• Michael TMichael T Member Posts: 7,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @raybo3...has it. I had to replace the bottom "trucks" on a new 2013 EC 310 as they had been damaged somehow in transit. Malory at Rinker referred to them as bottom door trucks and sent me some. I don't know the manufacturer but some have found parts at Great Lakes Skipper there was also a huge Rinker dealer in Harrison Township that may still have parts inventory other than that that I like the 3D printer idea.