Options

Gear Lube Monitor Leak

kjlambrixkjlambrix Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
I have a 350 Mag Bravo 3 and have replaced my gear lube monitor bottle 3 times in the last 7-8 years because it forms a leak at the bottom of the bottle where the wires are attached.  Anybody know if this is a common problem or a flaw with the design.  I am just curious as the monitor bottles are not cheap and it seems you should not have to replace them every few years.

Comments

• Options
    TonyG13TonyG13 Member Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭
    Have you checked the cage that it sits in for any spurs that could scratch away and cause it to leak? Between my Maxum and Rinker, and over 20 years, neither had one leak. Something external has to be causing it if you go through a bottle every 2-3 years.
  • Options
    skuter99skuter99 Member Posts: 174 ✭✭
    Mine has a tiny leak. Not enough to even drop on anything but enough to make the wires oiled.
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,812 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 330 starboard side was leaking slightly when I first got it. I removed the reservoir and cleaned it out. I removed the barb that the hose is hooked up to and reinstalled it with sealant. No more leaks. It might look like it’s coming from the wires but double check, it could be the hose fitting.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    goalie59goalie59 Member Posts: 326 ✭✭✭
    I had a leak in both bottles. Through the wires at the bottom of the bottle. I remover the old sealer and resealed the wires with JB plastic cement. Seems ok now.