Options

We are in!

luvinlifeluvinlife Member Posts: 501 ✭✭✭
So, the 2020 season begins!  We are in Rhode Island and the state is slowly re-opening. All of the summer events in Newport have been cancelled including the Jazz Festival and the Folk Festival.  So far Aquapalooza in Potters Cove is on for July 25th. No matter what, we will have a season of sorts and I’m just happy to be out on the boat with family. Stay safe everyone! 

Comments

• Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,559 mod
    Great!  Boat looks nice and clean and fresh bottom paint!  I can't wait to get back down on mine tomorrow night.  It is the place right now to get away from all this!

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Have a great season.
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    That's awesome have a great season
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MarkBMarkB Member Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know there's a golden rule right? You cannot start a post like this without a picture of your boat IN THE WATER!

Boat Name: King Kong

"Boat + Water = Fun"

• Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah where are the pictures? The title should say "we're on the lift" 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
  • Options
    Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There we go 😁
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Options
    I just washed mine...you guys up north have your boats covered for 6 months plus a year and mine gets wacked by the sun 12 months a year...it's hard to keep it looking nice.
  • Options
    Ras, it’s a double edged sword up north. Yeah, our boats are shrink wrapped 7 months of the year.......but they are shrink wrapped 7 months a year. The 5 months fly by and it seems there are endless invitations to weddings, graduations and birthdays that eat up a lot of the precious few weekends. I’d gladly wax my boat more often if I had a longer season. 
  • Options
    @luvinlife I get it...when we first started boating which was a late in life thing...we have been reading two granddaughters ...we are old enough that we don't have much family anymore and you know what- still have a hard time carving out the time. Wish I could tell you it gets better...not trying to bum you out, just don't have enormous expectations for free time...😊 
  • Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My family pretty much knows that if it's boating season don't even send me an invitation to anything. But we're also in that sweet spot where daughter is grown, no grand-kids, and nieces and nephews are either already married/had kids or are too young.
    Only exception we make is an annual family reunion the first weekend in August that also happens to usually fall on my daughter and wife's birthday so I get to do all three at once.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    I have 2 daughters, 2 grandkids, one on the way and a bunch of siblings and nieces and nephews so there is a lot going on.  We pick and choose what we attend. 
  • Options
    benvenuttiokibenvenuttioki Member Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Finally, got to pick up our boat! Planned for late March, but then... Spending a from 19-31 May aboard in the Bay. Not a bad shakedown cruise!

• Options
    raybo3raybo3 Administrator Posts: 5,459 admin
    Awesome boat best of luck with her.......
    2002 342 Fiesta Vee PC Point Of Pines YC Revere MA. popyc.org     raybo3@live.com
  • Options
    That’s a beautiful boat Benvenutti
  • Options
    boatman37boatman37 Member Posts: 798 ✭✭✭
    We went in this morning. Not a very good pic but here it is. Just came home to tie the dog out and get some cleaning supplies then head back down