Grrrr Faria gauges

frenchshipfrenchship Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭
Hi, It started with problems with the dual tach fluctuating all the time. Thanks to Black diamond I will replace the gauges with Flow scan gauges. Now the sync gauges is not working most of the time the needle is peg, and this past weekend the depth gauge does not show depth but the alarm all all the other function seems ok I am wondering that the Faria gauges are not the best quality the only have 140 hrs on them. Do you people think it is worth to send them to Faria do get them repaired or simply replace them. Thanks Paul

Comments

• 212rowboat212rowboat Member Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    replace them is my opinion... I just had a tach returned from Faria... they charged $150, and I paid for the expedited return shipping.. I could have replaced the entire cluster for around $250 w/ gauges that won't soil the sheets within the next five years..... c'mon.... they're analog gauges that haven't had huge advancements in what, 30 years? Did they forget how to make them? Or. did they just find more, uh, economic (read: cheap) ways to make them and still charge more?

Just my position... but I'm done with Faria.
  • Black_DiamondBlack_Diamond Member Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The twinscan tachs have a built in synch indicator :)>-

Past owner of a 2003 342FV
    PC BYC, Holland, MI
  • kneedeepkneedeep Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    I've had my tach repaired. It's starting to jump again. I'm going to install vessel view over the winter.