Options

Stereo speakers for 5" opening

Anyone know certain model marine speaker that will fit in 5" opening? Most speakers are called out by cone size. I sure hate to have to open up four holes in my boat. The fiberglass in the rear speaker is about half inch thick. The speaker cover has holes on a six inch diameter. This boat came with a Maxxima CSC-601WB marine stereo which wasn't in it when I bought it. Just speakers. The speakers were Maxxima by Panor. No longer in business.

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Google search of 5 inch speakers gives a good selection. Not as good as the 6.25 speakers.

Speaker choice will vary based on music style, mounting depth and available power. 

• Options
    LaReaLaRea Member, Moderator Posts: 7,550 mod
    For many speakers, you can keep the same opening in the fiberglass if you add a standoff ring made from marine lumber (Starboard).  
  • Options
    Stever00Stever00 Member Posts: 145
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=huBB2zCZXtM
    Some 5" speaker need smaller cutout. Like this guy says they are referring to cone size. I need biggest speaker that will fit in 5" opening. Not as simple to find as you think. I'm too old for a qudraphonic sound system. Just looking for newer speakers that fit.
  • Options
    I'd honestly cut the holes bigger and buy budget 6.5 speakers.  A jig saw would make it quick clean work.  Get some pyle marines and go boating.  Having a helper keep a shop vac going while you cut will keep cleanup to a minimum.   Having a tru 5 inch mouting hole really limits your options.  

Speakers generally come with a cardboard cut out or paper stencil for mounting holes.  

I cut 8 inch holes in my hull to fit a 2nd set of speakers in my hull.  Also cut out bigger holes fit flush mount led fog lights in place of the deck lights.  Plan on mounting 4 more under the swim platfrom for night swimming.    

Im not gonna tell the admiral about them.  We anchor out in secluded quiet coves every weekend during the summer.   After dark shell take what i like to call "lake bath" where shell jump in with soap and shampoo then rinse off with the deck shower.  

It will be fun to see her jump in wearing her birthday suit and i flip 4 bright led lights under the back of the boat!    If there are fish swimming around the outdrive it will be like a dolphin coming out of the water trying to snag a snack from a diving platform.   
  • Options
    Stever00Stever00 Member Posts: 145
    Have your camera ready!!! Lol
  • Options
    aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,805 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stever00 said:
    Have your camera ready!!! Lol
    LoL! And post the pics here! 
    2008 330EC
  • Options
    I may get murdered....will be worth it.