Help me solve mystery

MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
Hi,

Help me solve the mystery of the buttons highlighted. Any 290ec owners out there that can tell me what these buttons do on their boats?

Thanks,

Art

2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP

Comments

• Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020
    My guess is accessory switches that were not optioned at the factory. I have a 280 and I had 2 or 3 of them that are wired for a raw water washdown and underwater lights. I do t remember the third one I had. 

The other switch I am not sure of looks like a light of some sort, kinda hard to see. I think it is your panel light switch. Also odd that they are different covers, did you out the new covers on? 

1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From left to right. Nav lights, Cockpit lights, Transom light, Cabin/step light, Spreader lights (If you have an arch), Acc (this is prewired for a swim light), Panel light dimmer, Hatch, Wiper, Acc (Prewired for a washdown pump), Acc (dead ended behind switch), Bilge pump, Electronics, Horn. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    What is the electronics switch supposed to do? My lowrance seems to be powered without it and that's the only thing I can think of that it would power. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    Thanks.

I've been switching the covers to the etched kind.
    2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Member Posts: 5,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    What is the electronics switch supposed to do? My lowrance seems to be powered without it and that's the only thing I can think of that it would power. 
    Mine powers the factory installed GPS. 
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
    Ok that's what I figured it's supposed to do but I am pretty sure mine is powered regardless of the switch. I haven't used the factory gps in a am very long time so I'll have to check again. Thanks. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    it was handy in the engine room with the wrench
  • aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aqua_Aura said:
    Mine powers the Lowrance.
    2008 330EC