Options

Bimini top attachment pins

Bought a used 07 246 and it came with a factory bimini top but no pins to attach it to the windshield frame.  I bought 2 different size quick release pins from the marina but neither works.  Can anyone tell me what hardware is supposed to attach it to the windshield frame, or a size, or a vendor that would know, or a link to the right ones?  Or is it special and maybe I have to drill for a new, more standard size??
Thx

Comments

• Options
    Pat310Pat310 Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭
    maybe some maybe some pics and a few dimensions? Length diameter ? A lot of resourceful guys here. 
  • Options
    BlueWaterBlueWater Member Posts: 16
    I have discovered that it is threaded, 1/4 x 20 with a sleeve.  I was able to fashion a working part from some 1" SS screws and packing washers I had laying around.  Not ideal but functional.  Boat is not here now so I can't get any pics.
  • Options
    BlueWaterBlueWater Member Posts: 16
    OK, here is a picture of what I was able to fashion for my factory bimini.  I sure would like to get ahold of the actual parts for this if anybody knows where I can find them.  Emailed Rinker parts, no response yet.
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like that works from what your showing...the factory screws have big knobs on them so you can remove them by hand with no tools, west marine or on line- otherwise if your happy with what you have your good to go!