Options

Acc switch

StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
Has anybody ever successfully located the wires in the bilge from the acc switch at the helm in a 342?  I'd like to wire up lights in the engine compartment and that switch seems the logical choice.  But I'll be darned if I can find where the wires end up.  There are wires on the switch, so I assume they are in a harness somewhere.  

Any ideas?

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

Comments

• Options
    trip_ntrip_n Member Posts: 747 ✭✭✭
    i had my underwater lights hooked to the acc = sorry i paid to have it done
  • Options
    GMSLITHOGMSLITHO Member Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭✭
    I  just added led cup holders and wanted to keep the ones at the helm separate from the others I was going to use that switch but when I took a look at all the wiring there I just closed it back up and will add a switch somewhere else 
  • Options
    IanIan Member Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭✭
    I put a switch in the engine bay instead. Local power and activate when opening and closing.

Regards,

Ian

The Third “B”

Secretary, Ravena Coeymans Yacht Club

https://www.rcyachtclub.com/

• Options
    reneechris14reneechris14 Member Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wires from my ACC switch where only about 5 inches long just under the panel. must agree put the switch in the engine bay. I was thinking a couple of led strips just around the hatch.
    2005 Rinker FV342  Pawcatuck river,Ct
  • Options
    StodgeStodge Member Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly I think that a switch in the engine bay is my best option.  

2002 FV 342 on Lake St. Clair - Past Commodore SHC - Vessel Examiner USCGAUX

• Options
    mattiemattie Member Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭✭
    Stodge said:
    Sadly I think that a switch in the engine bay is my best option.  
    Probably better idea to have the switch at the light itself. Less chance of leaving it on. I might do the same.

Come to think rarely have I ever had my engine compartment open in the evening/night time.

246BR, 276BR, H310BR current
  • Options
    YYZRCYYZRC Member Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The engine compartment lights in my boat are wired into the cockpit lights. Not sure if that’s original from Rinker or not?
    2008 350 EC on Georgian Bay
  • Options
    Dream_InnDream_Inn Member, Moderator Posts: 7,560 mod
    YYZRC said:
    The engine compartment lights in my boat are wired into the cockpit lights. Not sure if that’s original from Rinker or not?
    That is typical and original.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express