Sealing cabin door to waterproof?

MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
So my boat sits in the water and lists to port a little. If I don't have her covered and it rains, water accumulates in the step down where the cabin door is. Rather than drain out via the drain behind the helm, it finds its way through the cabin door and leaks into my carpet in the cabin. I end up with a soaked cabin rug.

Has anyone tried successfully to seal up the lower left corner of the cabin door to prevent the above?

I guess I can fill up my grey water tank and have her list starboard with the hope the water drains the proper way...
2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP

Comments

• aero3113aero3113 Member Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If your batteries are on the port side and you have room, you can relocate them to starboard. That’s a permanent solution to correct the list. 
    2008 330EC
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you could get a piece to stick down with good double sided tape that would create a barrier high enough the water wouldn't go into the cabin. Depending on how bad the list is would dictate how high the barrier needs to be, if it isn't much then maybe you could get away with less than an inch high. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988
  • Aqua_AuraAqua_Aura Member Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭✭
    Now that I think about it it would seem that the only option is to get the boat to list to starboard. Even if you sealed the door or put a barrier in it would still fill with water and get past the door behind the helm. 
    1997 Bayliner 3988