Options

04 270 under helm drain

skuter99skuter99 Member Posts: 174 ✭✭
Anybody have any good ideas on how to get access
To be able to clear out the water drain hole under the helm station on a 270??

Comments

• Options
    WillhoundWillhound Member Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you mean the one that drains the step area going into the cabin, no. Once a year I shove a hose in there and blast it and then stack a bunch of rags/old towels against the door and blast it again from the thru hull side and clean up the subsequent mess. Each year it gets a little better. I also keep a rechargeable hand vac on board and am ferocious about keeping the sand and bugs and crap that collects in the track clean.
    "Knot Quite Shore" - 2000 FV270 (Sold)
    2018 Cherokee 39RL Land Yacht (Sorry...)
  • Options
    diggin2day1diggin2day1 Member Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a round 6” access hatch under my carpet on the angled part(where your right foot would rest). Pretty sure the previous owner installed it. I was in there yesterday with a hose to rinse the crud out of the rear portion of the door track. If I get a chance, I’ll get a picture later. 
  • Options
    That is an excellent idea. Don't know if I'd go 6", that little bump under the carpet would drive me crazy. But a smaller one would be great. We must investigate!
  • Options
    Ya, that is a good idea for sure
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine has one on the side of that foot test area...take a back scratcher and drag the crap over..did flood the cabin not keeping it cleaned out...
  • Options
    wonder if something like this would work to get in there to clean it out?
  • Options
    MiamiAGMiamiAG Member Posts: 210 ✭✭
    I use something like that to reach in there and blast it tp try to clear it

2013 290 ec - Volvo Penta D4/DP
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    That is an excellent idea. Don't know if I'd go 6", that little bump under the carpet would drive me crazy. But a smaller one would be great. We must investigate!
    I honestly don’t even know it’s there... forgot to get a picture... maybe tomorrow
  • Options
    Willhound said:
    That is an excellent ide
    I honestly don’t even know it’s there... forgot to get a picture... maybe tomorrow
    Maybe I misunderstood. Is it on the cockpit sole where your feet rest, or on the vertical side combing beside? Is so, then yeah, no issue.
  • Options
    somewhere in this location??
  • Options
    rasburyrasbury Member Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    look on the very end going into the cabin...hard to imagine they put them in different places but I'm sure you would have noticed it if it's there...would be much easier if where you have circled to get the crap out. All you need is one little leaf that covers the hold and your dealing with flood city...
  • Options
    skuter99 said:
    somewhere in this location??
    Yes... to the far right
  • Options
    Installed access door today. Perfect for cleaning the drain hole and door track now!!
    Great idea fellow Rinker owners. Thanks.