Options

Jabsco 37045 Toilet won't flush out or empty

On my 2002 Rinker 342, my toilet was not flushing as quickly or efficiently as it once should so I decided to overhaul it.  I discovered the discharge pump mounting base had some cracks so picked up an entire new motor/impeller/macerator assembly from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000O8AZOO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.  I also replaced the joker valve. Upon re-assembly I now cannot get the toilet to pump water out.  I am guessing that it is not self-priming.  Any thoughts on what I should check next?

Over the years I have replaced this motor twice with no issue.

This time I have double checked the o-ring and took it all apart and re-assembled a few times.  I have even filled the bowl higher and tried pumping out for a longer period of time thinking that might help but it did not.  I am returning to the boat today with a plunger to try and force the water through everything in an effort to prime the pump.  I will double check that my o-ring seal is intact and that the holding tank vent is not blocked.

Any other ideas?

I did notice some calcium build up in the bowl and drain fittings (which I removed).  I have even snaked the discharge tube back to the holding tank to ensure there is no blockage

Comments

• Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    I have had to tackle that before and it isnt fun. Bring lots of towels. I dont think its a priming issue. Water is higher than the pump. I am wondering if the impellor is spinning or potentially something is clogging the discharge hose.
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    DavidWMackenzieDavidWMackenzie Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    Good point about priming. I am about to tear it apart again now and will report back
  • Options
    edited June 2020
     I shoved a smaller diameter hose down through the line from the toilet to the holding tank and hit an obstruction. My working theory now is that it is plugged by calcium buildup that has broken free.  I have poured some vinegar down in a hope that may dissolve it but I fear that I have to replace the line which will be a bltch since it is buried in the boat

any suggestions?
    Post edited by raybo3 on
  • Options
    davidbrooksdavidbrooks Member Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭✭
    You have to remove the entire rear berth. It is doable with a phillips screwdriver. 
    It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere!
  • Options
    Well my theory proved correct...the hose from the toilet to the holding tank was plugged solid with calcium  In hindsight it was not a good idea to snake the hose as that broke it all free but the line would have had to been replaced eventually. Now with a new pump and new line the toilet drains super fast....I will post a separate posting to detail what I did including a video