Cockpit lights 280EC

Hi all,

All the cockpit lightbulbs along the floor of my 280EC is not working. I'm about to embark on a mission to change them, but not being all that handy I cannot figure out how to access the back of them. I understand they can be pulled out from the outside - but when I do this the inside will "slip" into the hull of the boat. 

Any ideas, drawings, tips?

These are the ones Im trying to change...

Comments

• WaveHogWaveHog Beaver Lake, ArkansasMember Posts: 20 ✭✭
    I have the same issue, several of them you can get to fairly easy like the two I have in the engine compartment.  The one you have pictured can be done by taking that fuse panel to the left off and then reaching back in there until you find the quick disconnect.  There is a plastic nut on the back of the lights.  I have some others that look impossible to get to but I tried to unscrew them and that works if you pull outward while twisting.....but there is no way to get the nut back on after replacing.....I was planning to use a dab of glue and call it good....let me know if you have any better luck please!  Also, did you find OME replacements?

• Dream_InnDream_Inn Annapolis, MDMember, Moderator Posts: 6,256 mod
    You actually access them from the back side.  The one you have pictured would be accessed from the engine room.  Some are easy to access, others are a bit more difficult (ie, removing the cockpit fridge or ice maker to get to).  There is a plastic nut on the back side that holds them in place, with the plastic cover and frame then coming out the front.

Dream 'Inn III -- 2008 400 Express

• PhilipPhilip Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2020
    WaveHog said:
    I have the same issue, several of them you can get to fairly easy like the two I have in the engine compartment.  The one you have pictured can be done by taking that fuse panel to the left off and then reaching back in there until you find the quick disconnect.  There is a plastic nut on the back of the lights.  I have some others that look impossible to get to but I tried to unscrew them and that works if you pull outward while twisting.....but there is no way to get the nut back on after replacing.....I was planning to use a dab of glue and call it good....let me know if you have any better luck please!  Also, did you find OME replacements?

Im looking at these, but I live in Denmark so they will have to travel a long way to get to you  :/ I'll let you know if I get some clever work done.
    Post edited by Philip on
  • Cableguy GregCableguy Greg Pittsburgh, PAMember Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2008 280 Express Cruiser, 6.2MPI, B3, Pittsburgh, PA "Blue Ayes"
    Go Steelers!!!
  • WaveHogWaveHog Beaver Lake, ArkansasMember Posts: 20 ✭✭
    Thanks Cableguy Greg  Mine are on the way!!!