Options

1993 Rinker Fiesta Vee 260

ruggeroleruggerole Member Posts: 161 ✭✭

Throwing this out there for discussion.

I am being given a 91 Fiesta Vee 260 for me to clean up and sell. Looking for your thoughts.

No idea yet what engine or outdrive. It does have a 3 year old complete camper top. Has a trailer. It has been well maintained.

Looking for a ballpark price range to sell it for. I will know more about it this weekend as I will be bringing it home to clean and detail.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    PickleRickPickleRick Member Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020
    If it runs, has all clean seats and ready to go 8000 and up (locally)

If shes got fuel tank issues, running issues, wet/rot core issues you'll be lucky to get 3500.

Lots of unwise buyers out there so you may get more selling it with major issues, issues many sellers dont know about.  

Many buyers don't check for core or tank issues.  They want running good and looking pretty.  

I like the 260, its a grown up version of my 235.  Lets make a trade!!!

• Options
    Picked up the boat today. It is in great shape. Just needs cleaning. No soft spots. The camper top and moring cover are brand new. Changing all the fluids and changing the anodes this weekend. It is spotless down below and in the engine compartment. Will clean up nice.
  • Options
    Sounds good.  Post pics
  • Options
    Hope to get it looking like this again6
  • Options
    93Vee93Vee Member Posts: 86 ✭✭
    This is my 93. I have put some work into it but it cleans nice. 
  • Options
    Same exact interior colors as my 92 235.  

One is up for sale semi locally, 3 or so hrs away for 16k.

The cockpit space on those is incredible for a 26 footer.  Rinker had a great lay out.
  • Options
    Its a nice layout with a great ride. I don't know that I have seen a 92 235. Can you post a pic?
  • Options

With the original decals

Without.

I spent all winter restoring her. 
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    I dont have a great interior shot, mine is far from original

The vinyl on the sides are still original.  I wanted more storage space so i put flip flop seats on a custom box.  I dont do professional grade custom work but its solid and functional.

I wish i had your cockpit space, the 260 is a huge upgrade over the 235
  • Options
    That's beautiful! It looks great without the decals. Mine got old and tired.....like me! I like the vinyl seats..smart idea,.
  • Options
    Thank you, so is yours.  I wonder if the two boats were based off the same mold? Your 260 looks like a stretched 235, is it an 8ft6 beam?  

The ones i have seen all had the 260 engine, was a 7.4 an option?
  • Options
    Yes, the beam is 8' 6'' with a stand up cabin. I'm 6' 3'' and can stand in the well with headroom. This has the 5.7L but the 7.4 was an option at the time, I guess. I've been happy with it.  
  • Options
  • Options
    This was a redue of the helm three years ago. I got a lot of great ideas from the folks on this forum. It brought the boat a little more up to date.
  • Options
    I really like your helm. Did you redo the vinyl cover?  I dont like the old tan

• Options
    That looks like it is good shape. Mine was faded pink with lenses and instruments that you couldn't read or were broken. I got all new instruments and repainted and repaired the dash with a 3M adhesive. 
  • Options
    getting bottom painted today but here are some pictures. Pass the word that this is for sale in the Detroit area.
  • Options
    Nice looking boat!
  • Options
    Lake_BumLake_Bum Member Posts: 936 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a 25 foot Chaparral that appears to be the exact same floor plan.  It was a great boat for us.  Love the Chaps, but I really do like my Rinker better! B)
    2000 Captiva 232 
  • Options
    Sold. $10,500 and didn't even complete all of the maintenance. Had it bottom painted and detailed outside. Still needed oil change, gear lube, batteries... The new owner didn't care. It was a must have now...  He is new to boating. I told him to let me know when he had time and I would help him get it completed. I'm sure he doesn't know what to do.
  • Options
    Nice sale!  Hope you turned a good profit and the buyer enjoys her.  Used boats take a lot of maintenance, 10 years old or 20 it doesn't matter.  Hope to see the new owner on here.

Do you have any pics of that wrap around seat by the helm? 

I think i like that set up much more than my back to back.
  • Options
    Congrats on the sale. That is a real clean boat. The new owner will be very happy, I'm sure.